World's Fastest Indian (1 Viewer)

Suzie Q

Nitro Member
My husband and I watched the movie "The World's Fastest Indian" the other day and it was such a sweet story! If you have not seen it, I highly recommend it.

It is about Burt Munro and his Indian motorcycle. It is such a touching story about wanting something so much that you will do anything to make it happen. All that he wanted to do was run his bike on the Bonneville Salt Flats. Anthony Hopkins plays Burt and does a marvelous job at it.

Suzie, I too think it was a great movie. If I am not mistaken, he still holds some land speed records.

It said that at the end of the movie that his records still stand. That is just fantastic! That bike looked like it could fall apart at any second! It was pretty amazing that he went over 200 mph on a 1920's Indian in the 1960's!!!

I might just watch it again tonight!

I watched it 2 nights in a row when I rented it. Be sure to watch the bonus material if you have the DVD. It has alot of footage of Burt from years gone by.

Shoot! We got it on the "On Demand" feature with our cable. No bonus footage! Wah! I might just go out and buy it to see that. My husband would get a kick out of that. Thanks for the heads up Mike!

That is such a great movie and Anthony Hopkins did a wonderful job. The movie even has a brief moment of "CACK" in it when they show Mickey Thompson's Challenger. I own the DVD and the bonus material is not to be missed. The movie did have a website and I think it is still up. It's : : : the world's fastest indian : : : . Great movie and Burt seemed like a really nice man. He realized a Dream and it's wonderful to see somebody's dream come true. How often does that happen anymore? SEE THIS MOVIE!!!

BTW, a little bit of trivia. The actor who played the character Jim Moffett is the son of Peter Lawford from Sinatra's Rat Pack.

Dave

Nice link, Dave..here's to the story about Burt Munro.

Great story..along with excellent pics. Nice to see his stuff is taken care of.

A friend loanded me his dvd last summer.
I now have my own. Best movie I have seen in many years.
Have watched it at least 20 times.

It's that motorcycle thing. :D

My husband Mace is on a mission today to buy the movie. We watched it again last night and I couldn't help but cheer AND cry when he went over 200 m.p.h.! Yay Burt!!! I am glad to see that you all enjoyed it as much as we did.:D

When my wife ordered this movie on our Netflix account, I had never seen the previews so I did not know what the story was about.

I loved the movie. Anthony Hopkins is such a terrific actor and he sure made Burt Munro a loveable character.

Anthony Hopkins did this movie for peanuts compared to his normal salary. Something about the person that wanted to produce the movie had very little money. After Anthony read the script he loved it and struck a deal to play Burt. Great movie.:)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back