WJ/Toliver incident? (1 Viewer)

What if it was a complete super comp dragster? Would it be OK to load it up in your trailer or pick it clean? Do you think the clean up crew would have crushed it and put it in a dumpster? One of those is approximately the same value as a FC body.

It was a wrecked body left behind not a complete car. The way people are talking on here all the used oil, clutch plates, brake pads, tires, or anything else should be there when they come back next year.

Like has been said before, it's supposed to be worth umpteen thousand dollars, but you don't leave one guy behind to keep an eye on it. How many parts HAVE been stolen by fans in the past? Just seems to me that for every act of ignorance Jerry's accusing Warren's people of here, he's guilty of at least one. Not leaving someone and not notifying anyone just seems to support Warren's guys, IMO.

Yeah - remember a fan trying to make off with one of WJ's doors a couple years ago?

The truth is WJ doesn't pay his employees or feed them. They were hungry and saw an opportunity to make a little extra change stripping the car.:rolleyes: As somebody previously posted,intent,intent,intent is the question. I think this is the question that will decide this IF it ever makes it to court. How is it going to look when the track employee testifies that he too thought it was abandoned and was on the verge of putting in the dumpster. I'm not saying the best of judgement was used by WJ's guys but it's far from criminal intent. Beat this horse all you want,it's a moot point.

I don't even think intent will come into play in a courtroom. I don't think anyone could prove they had bad intentions unless they, themselves admitted it to anyone.

I think it comes down to leaving a damaged body behind and how long it's still yours and not legally abandoned. If it was legally still Jerry's, then they're guilty of doing wrong, good intentions or not, and will be found liable.

What seems ridiculous to me is that Jerry and others seem to keep trying to make the case for their intentions when, again, unless they told someone what they were, nobody could know. If Jerry continues to go overboard on that one, I think he could find himself in a lawsuit. He doesn't have to make the case that they did it. He seems to be trying to say that they couldn't have thought it was abandoned, meaning that they DID knowingly have bad intentions. If I were one of the crewmembers and you said that about me, I'd certainly be finding out what my legal options were. He could lose whatever he got for the body and then some.

It seems to me that if you publicly accuse someone of having malicious intentions without having a way to know it, that you are then the one being malicious.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back