Wild Horse (1 Viewer)

They announced the Sunday crowd was a sell out. They were 3 deep on the wall below the bleachers. The racing was good later in the day. Only issue I saw was it was a big pain to get into the place. Looked like they has some type of road construction going on or something. Overall a good event.

Since no one responded I'll give you my historic perspective. I did Charlie Allen's Dog and Pony Shows at Phoenix back in the mid 1990's where I ran my TA/FC against Jet Dragsters. Lotsa fun. In 1999 after I quit driving we runner-up with my driver Pete Swayne on a holeshot loss to Frank Manzo. I've always liked Phoenix. 2001 was the last year they ran TA/FC's and TAD's at the Phoenix national events for some reason. They continued having us at the divisional events.

Thanks Randy.

I havemt been back to Phoenix since the I10 bypass was completed. Does it help getting through / around Phoenix?

I used to love going to the National event and seeing the alcohol cars! Then NHRA took them out of the show saying they would rotate the cars around different venues. Well after several years and no rotation back to AZ I wrote NHRA. Once I received no reply, the second time the response was they are at the divisional meet the next weekend 😠I replied back, so I have to pay for two parking passes and two entry tickets to see the same show others pay once? Some of the races the alcohol cars were at didn’t even have full fields year after year!! Shockingly I. Ever received a reply 😒

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back