Why? (1 Viewer)

Shaggy

Nitro Member
Since I didnt get a response by pm, I will ask here. Why was my post about my new website deleted? At first I thought it was moved but it is not located anywhere on this board. What was the point in deleting it?

Last edited:
my guess is because the mod who deleted it viewed it as self promotion for whatever reason

Directly from the site rules.

THERE IS NO FREE ADVERTISING OF ANY KIND ON THIS WEB SITE

If this is the case then you need to remove any post by Frank Kunkel as well as many others. Its no wonder things have gone downhill here.

Last edited:
Paul all he did was post a link to his website that provides FREE photo galleries and video galleries....how is that any different then when people post their pics on their own websites after national events?

Hello Eric,

I have reviewed your post on your new website and have to agree with the Paul. You mention selling stuff on your new website which isn't allowed by our site rules.

THERE IS NO FREE ADVERTISING OF ANY KIND ON THIS WEB SITE
This site is not to be used as a free tool to generate leads and/or sales on products and/or services through any method. Sales information, promotional messages, business/product solicitation, Group Purchases, etc. may be made by or for Supporting Vendors of this site ONLY. There are NO exceptions to this. If there is a profit made from this site by any methods, including selling parts AND/OR services in any retail or profit manner, including "non-profit" services, it is to be made only by a Supporting Vendor of this site. Supporting being the important word. If any form of profit is to be made from this community, it is only fair that this community be supported in return for helping make that profit. Please refer to our advertising information page for additional information.

Buying and Selling - The "Crew Wanted" section of the Nitromater.com Bulletin Board is for racer teams to offer opportunities. It is NOT for any person, company or business of any size or type (including salvage yards and used parts companies) to sell merchandise of any retail nature or to make a profit of any kind. Any company attempting to sell multiple quantities of items or in a retail/profit nature without being a Supporting Vendor of this site will be in violation of this site's advertising rules and policies and is subject to being billed, one month per occurrence. Please refer to our advertising information page for additional information.

Paul was only doing his job when he deleted your post. Now if you want to post something about your site please don't include anything to do with selling of any items.

Thank you,
Shannon

Thanks Shannon! Thats all I had asked was what had happened to it. I do see the point of self promotion you got in the rules, however like I posted earlier, what about all the other stuff that is posted for sale here?...I posted about DVDs being for sale on my new site, since it is a new feature to the site...Nowhere did I say hey go buy my DVDs...I was showing what the new site looked like, that was it...But the double standards by your admins is really getting annoying...

Last edited:
Its best to point out when these happen, send us a pm. As mods we can't read every single post

Its best to point out when these happen, send us a pm. As mods we can't read every single post
Did you read the very first post of this thread:
Since I didnt get a response by pm, I will ask here. Why was my post about my new website deleted? At first I thought it was moved but it is not located anywhere on this board. What was the point in deleting it?
Looks to me like he did send a PM but nobody bothered to reply back.

Did you read the very first post of this thread:
Looks to me like he did send a PM but nobody bothered to reply back.

Brent- Why are you getting involved with something that you have nothing to do with? For the record, I did not receive a PM from him. I believe Shannon has explained why it was deleted. Move on everyone….

Shannon was the one to recieve the PM from me since I had no idea who deleted my post...Especially since whoever deleted it never gave me an explanation as to why or where it went.

Last edited:
You mean like Bobby Bennett or Darr Hawthorne??:rolleyes:

DRO and Comp+ are only following copyright rules. If you are the actual composer of the story then you are fee to post the story. If you didn't compose the story then you have to use a link to the story and give credit to the originator. DRO and Comp+ are doing nothing wrong with how they are using links to story on this site.

Thanks,
Shannon

Brent- Why are you getting involved with something that you have nothing to do with? For the record, I did not receive a PM from him. I believe Shannon has explained why it was deleted. Move on everyone….
Honestly, why does it matter to you? People just want straight answers.
DRO and Comp+ are only following copyright rules. If you are the actual composer of the story then you are fee to post the story. If you didn't compose the story then you have to use a link to the story and give credit to the originator. DRO and Comp+ are doing nothing wrong with how they are using links to story on this site.

Thanks,
Shannon
Nobody has still been able to give me an explanation about the so-called copyright rules you claim you're enforcing. I've even copy and pasted the exact law on here a couple times and it falls on deaf ears and blind eyes. You're not breaking copyright law when you copy/paste an article (or parts of it) or an image for comment or discussion. Since this is a message board for discussion that means it's perfectly fine to post an an article or image from another site!

On the subject of DRO and CompPlus...aren't they selling stuff too? Why are they allowed to post links to their site to drive business but Eric can't? Are DRO and CompPlus paying to advertise here? I'm not trying to poke the beehive here but it seems like a double-standard.

Here ya go Brent

When creating a Web page, you CAN:

Link to other Web sites. [However, some individuals and organizations have specific requirements when you link to their Web material. Check a site carefully to find such restrictions. It is wise to ask permission. You need to cite source, as you are required to do in a research paper, when quoting or paraphrasing material from other sources. How much you quote is limited.]

Use free graphics on your Web page. If the graphics are not advertised as "free" they should not be copied without permission.

When creating a Web page, you CANNOT:

Put the contents of another person's or organizations web site on your Web page

Copy and paste information together from various Internet sources to create "your own" document. [You CAN quote or paraphrase limited amounts, if you give credit to the original source and the location of the source. This same principle applies to print sources, of course.]

Incorporate other people's electronic material, such as e-mail, in your own document, without permission.

Forward someone's e-mail to another recipient without permission

Change the context of or edit someone else's digital correspondence in a way which changes the meaning

Copy and paste others' lists of resources on your own web page

Copy and paste logos, icons, and other graphics from other web sites to your web page (unless it is clearly advertised as "freeware." Shareware is not free). Some organizations are happy to let you use their logos, with permission - it is free advertising. But they want to know who is using it. They might not approve of all sites who want to use their logo.

Here ya go Brent
What's the source for that? I can copy/paste the relevant section of the DMCA (Digital Millenium Copyright Act) that deals with reposting and copyright again if you'd like. Since that's what applies to reposting web content in other places that's what's relevant. Like I've said a few times already; if it can be done on numerous blogs, forums and news websites, many owned or staffed by lawyers (some copyright lawyers), and they all know that it's perfectly legal to repost articles for comment then why is it different just on Nitromater.com? That doesn't make any sense at all.

Why didn't you ask Mike Minick why he got involved with something that had nothing to do with him? :D I must've missed the "Dont' get involved in threads that don't have anything to do with you" rule.

Maybe other members want to understand the details for their own future benefit.

Last edited:
Why didn't you ask Mike Minick why he got involved with something that had nothing to do with him? :D I must've missed the "Dont' get involved in threads that don't have anything to do with you" rule.

Maybe other members want to understand the details for their own future benefit.

i have special dispensation ;) :D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back