Why Not Us?-Again? (1 Viewer)

TopFuel@Lions

Nitro Member
Up here in the little town of New Weston(or Rossburg) Ohio for Eldora Speedways 4-day Eldora Million, Dirt Late Model Dream weekend, well almost. Wednesday was scheduled to have 2 separate $12,000-to-win shows, rained kill that, So they ran last nights show today with 120+ on hand in front of a booming crowd.

After todays stuff they cleared the grandstands and did track prep that is wrapping up for tonight's Eldora Million that pays over 1 millions and $5k to start.

With that intro, why can't we in the drag racing world have this kind of event and payout? Oh yea, Friday night they will run prelims heats and mains paying good money then $128,000-to-win on Saturday.

I have to get home to Alabama on Sat. morning so I can announce at Talladega Sat night.

Why not us? The Thursday crowd today would have easily matched New England Dragways grandstand and camping area.

TopFuel@Lions
Talladega Announcer

You seem pretty set that a event like this would work so I'm curious as to why you keep asking and not promoting
Mark brings up a good question. We know how the big dollar bracket races work: lots of entries paying a big fee to get in. It's just math. I think it's awesome that the Eldora event has a Million dollar purse, I'm just curious as to the financial model. Where does the funding come from, is it sponsors, do they draw an insane amount of people, etc.

Mark brings up a good question. We know how the big dollar bracket races work: lots of entries paying a big fee to get in. It's just math. I think it's awesome that the Eldora event has a Million dollar purse, I'm just curious as to the financial model. Where does the funding come from, is it sponsors, do they draw an insane amount of people, etc.
Streaming/PPV has injected huge amounts of money into that side of motorsports. That's how they went pretty much overnight from $5,000 and $10,000 to win shows being the norm, to now where they have $50,000 to win races every weekend and a million to win race. An annual subscription to FloRacing, which is what the race was shown on, costs $150. And I know for a fact that tens of thousands of people watched the race and paid that $150. Just like that, you've literally got millions of dollars in revenue that you didn't have a couple of years ago.

Streaming/PPV has injected huge amounts of money into that side of motorsports. That's how they went pretty much overnight from $5,000 and $10,000 to win shows being the norm, to now where they have $50,000 to win races every weekend and a million to win race. An annual subscription to FloRacing, which is what the race was shown on, costs $150. And I know for a fact that tens of thousands of people watched the race and paid that $150. Just like that, you've literally got millions of dollars in revenue that you didn't have a couple of years ago.
Thanks for the info!

What Spence is valid. I have Flo Racing and it in my view is a far better product than the others. And to you Mike, I respect your announcing, that comes from a fellow announcer.

And for the record, I am promoting my 5th race coming July 2nd. It is a memorial race for my wife who passed away from cancer this past March 26th, 2022, after 42 years of marriage.

TopFuel@Lions
Talladega Announcer

What Spence is valid. I have Flo Racing and it in my view is a far better product than the others. And to you Mike, I respect your announcing, that comes from a fellow announcer.

And for the record, I am promoting my 5th race coming July 2nd. It is a memorial race for my wife who passed away from cancer this past March 26th, 2022, after 42 years of marriage.

TopFuel@Lions
Talladega Announcer
God bless you. Keep her memory with you always.

I have Flo Racing and it in my view is a far better product than the others.
100% agree. I keep hoping they'll buy up the streaming rights to NHRA. More reliable stream than NHRA.tv, and they actually run a full production for the sportsman cars with a real live cameraman, versus the NHRA way of having a couple stationary cameras for all classes except the pros

Mark, sorry to hear about your wife, may she Rest In Peace, where is the race being held, I hope it is a big success

Last edited:
Talladega Short Track in Eastaboga, Alabama. That is where I place my old keester on Saturday nights. Thanks for the kind words.

TopFuel@Lions
Talladega Announcer

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back