Why Not Us-Part 2? (1 Viewer)

TopFuel@Lions

Nitro Member
This another Why Not Us, part 2.

Why is there nothing (that I know of) like so many oval short tracks have, a simple 50/50 drawing? Did you know that on the final day of Eldora Speedways 2021 World 100 Dirt Late Model race the 50/50 was well over $100,000 dollars? That was just on Saturday. many, many tracks have this including the track I announce at, Talladega. Just using my track, we have a nice looking gal with a great and friendly, outgoing personality that sells the tickets. For our track the more you spend the more free tickets you get. For example, 1 ticket for a dollar, 7 tickets for $5.00. and for a $10.00 buy you get half an arm length and for $20.00 you get an arms length and then some. So many of our fans for just 1 buck have left with $300, $400, or $500 or more. That is some income for the track to and the 50/50 girl gets a nice cut for a few hours work.

Why not each day at a National or Divisional event? Why not at you weekly strip? Our tickets are sold in the grandstand and the pits. The revenue at a NHRA event each day could be big.

Another idea, why not have good discounts when you "bundle" a entire event? If you have a 3-day meet like most events, give a fair and decent discount if you buy ducats for each day. We do that at Talladega like at our upcoming Ice Bowl race the first of January.

The affordability factor at NHRA events, especially at strips like Pomona make for a very pricey day and a billfold buster if you go all days.

People don't like to pay for parking. Have each fan get some kind of ticket upon entrance to the track, put 1 half of the ticket into a drawing barrell and draw some tickets for maybe a free National event weekend or day. Maybe a ticket to hang in a suite in the tower, stand on the starting line or give away some racer swag bag, just some thoughts. There are so many things we do for our fans at Talladega to make them happy, feel appreciated, and wanted, that is why we have a very loyal "weekly" fan base that is dedicated to being there each week.

ToopFuel@Lions
Talladega Announcer....but Drag Racing fan first...always!

Great idea ToopFuel@Lions! And by the way - no cut for NHRA!
This another Why Not Us, part 2.

Why is there nothing (that I know of) like so many oval short tracks have, a simple 50/50 drawing? Did you know that on the final day of Eldora Speedways 2021 World 100 Dirt Late Model race the 50/50 was well over $100,000 dollars? That was just on Saturday. many, many tracks have this including the track I announce at, Talladega. Just using my track, we have a nice looking gal with a great and friendly, outgoing personality that sells the tickets. For our track the more you spend the more free tickets you get. For example, 1 ticket for a dollar, 7 tickets for $5.00. and for a $10.00 buy you get half an arm length and for $20.00 you get an arms length and then some. So many of our fans for just 1 buck have left with $300, $400, or $500 or more. That is some income for the track to and the 50/50 girl gets a nice cut for a few hours work.

Why not each day at a National or Divisional event? Why not at you weekly strip? Our tickets are sold in the grandstand and the pits. The revenue at a NHRA event each day could be big.

Another idea, why not have good discounts when you "bundle" a entire event? If you have a 3-day meet like most events, give a fair and decent discount if you buy ducats for each day. We do that at Talladega like at our upcoming Ice Bowl race the first of January.

The affordability factor at NHRA events, especially at strips like Pomona make for a very pricey day and a billfold buster if you go all days.

People don't like to pay for parking. Have each fan get some kind of ticket upon entrance to the track, put 1 half of the ticket into a drawing barrell and draw some tickets for maybe a free National event weekend or day. Maybe a ticket to hang in a suite in the tower, stand on the starting line or give away some racer swag bag, just some thoughts. There are so many things we do for our fans at Talladega to make them happy, feel appreciated, and wanted, that is why we have a very loyal "weekly" fan base that is dedicated to being there each week.

ToopFuel@Lions
Talladega Announcer....but Drag Racing fan first...always!

I was asking because DRAW has done 50/50 drawings for 20+ years. NHRA doesn't get involved because they don't want to undermine a charity that they support greatly. But you seem unaware of it. And many tracks do it at weekly events as well. I know that when I go to smaller events they usually tell me to promote it.

We give away tickets every day with a text to win promotion. And if you buy an upgraded ticket (Top Eliminator etc.) you get parking included and extra swag.

Parking is the track, not NHRA, I always loved that Englishtown didn't charge for parking. And they might have been to only place within 5oo miles of NYC that didn't.

You talk about the weekly things that Talledaga does for fans. And I'm genuinely curious (I don't know) how much of this is done at the NASCAR CUP events? Free parking? Swag bags? Suite passes? Does that happen at the CUP races? If it does that's awesome.

Not being argumentative, just asking.

Alan

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back