Who did? HILLARY DID! (1 Viewer)

WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!

In our house we've believed she would win for a long time now, So glad for that entire team that they have won. I bet we see many more now.

yippppppeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!

way to go!!!!!!!!!!

I am soooooo proud of the team!

I bet they are all hurting today! I am sure Jim has a sore gut! Ouch!

oh, did I say............yipppppppeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So Suzie, did something good happen???? I was hangin out in the PS pits and may have missed it or somethin.....:D Congrats to you, your brothers, Hillary, and the whole team! Wonder if Hillary realizes that now she will have to eat at Pat's Pig on Sat night anytime she is in Topeka, just for luck? So Suzie, you kinda happy today????

I have known Hillary and her dad for years and watched her grow up through the brackets, Super Street, Super Gas, Super Eliminator, and Top Alcohol. She worked her tail off to get where she's at.

I couldn't be more thrilled to see her win her first Top Fuel race.

Way to go, Hill!!

So Suzie, did something good happen???? I was hangin out in the PS pits and may have missed it or somethin.....:D Congrats to you, your brothers, Hillary, and the whole team! Wonder if Hillary realizes that now she will have to eat at Pat's Pig on Sat night anytime she is in Topeka, just for luck? So Suzie, you kinda happy today????

YEP, JUST A LITTLE HAPPY!!!! THANKS!:D

Wonder if Hillary realizes that now she will have to eat at Pat's Pig on Sat night anytime she is in Topeka, just for luck?
Could have been that one beer she had with us in the bar of the Capitol Plaza on Saturday night too. It was good to see her down there relaxing. That`s a happening spot for A LOT of the teams/drivers!

Could have been that one beer she had with us in the bar of the Capitol Plaza on Saturday night too. It was good to see her down there relaxing. That`s a happening spot for A LOT of the teams/drivers!
possibly could have been that one beer, or possibly the decision by the group NOT to go to Baby Dolls????

Big congrats to Hillary and the team. I've not met her but I've observed her interaction with fans in the pit and she's an exemplary ambassador for the sport. :) I had guests over for dinner last night and I had come straight home from a baseball game (mother's day gift for my mom, gotta keep her happy, right?) and put on the recording of the race. LOL. I felt a little bad making my non-drag racing friends watch it but it was totally worth it to see Hillary get her first Wally. :D

I love it when former teammates go at it - don't forget, Bender & Oberhofer were playmates under the old LaHaie regime outta' Michigan.... chalk one up for JimO. Another person who deserves a shout here is the amazing Scotty Finnis. He used to be a Kalitta FIG, and before that was on the road with 'em. Now Scott stays home every weekend and runs the fab shop for the whole team. But he's every bit as important as anyone else. He even also used to work on Doug's sprint car..... so Mr. Finnis, I definately want to publicly give you a thumbs up for this one. Couldn' have happened without you. One last person to send a smile to - Bucky Austin, long time freinds with the Will's - and one of the first believers in Hillary. Again a well-deserved win for Ken & his wife. This is a team win; no one person in that camp is stronger than all of them! There's more wins coming........

possibly could have been that one beer, or possibly the decision by the group NOT to go to Baby Dolls????
Come to think of it, I only saw Scott, Hillary and Connie in the Capitol Plaza....not quite sure where the rest of the guys might have been:D. Maybe Wilt knows where they were. I would`ve liked to have gone to Baby Dolls myself, compare it to the one in Phoenix, but the wife wasn`t having any part of it!

See, this is why I enjoy waiting for the broadcast! It was so much more exciting to watch than to hear....I'm assuming. ;)

Congrats to Hillary and the whole team! That was awesome! :D

I haven't seen a wink of coverage on the Topeka race (which I was actually originally scheduled to attend), because I am on vacation in Florida! I haven't even seen any of the numbers yet. At home, I keep a "Kalitta spreadsheet" from the past 8 years. 2 days after the fact, All's I know is Hillary beat Larry, which means Jim beat Don... so until another wally is passed out .... even despite what CNN is reporting....that means Hillary IS THE WINNER!!!!
I am so freaking proud of her and the guys......

As an average fan, it was enjoyable to watch Hillary grow from sometimes not so good in the driving decisions to seasoned veteran, with the catestrohpic chassis failures to prove it, capable of winning her first meet.

Always fun to see the human emotions of people you admire from afar.

-90% jimmy

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back