Whit's co-crewchief (1 Viewer)

Hiproger

Nitro Member
Since I'm in this question asking mood I just remembered another one. Someone mentioned a while back that Todd Okuhara didn't have a co-crewchief on Whit's Matco car. I knew at the time that he did but for the life of me I couldn't remember his name. Whit mentioned during one of his interviews that it was Phil Shuler & the bells started going off when I saw him on the starting line. Phil crewchiefed either Ron Capps when "Ace" went into the hospital for his initial surgery, or Whit Bazemore when Beard was let go. He was totally unknown to me at the time but it was a great win for whichever one it was. Can someone help me out here.
I may even have the circumstances wrong but I believe it was Whit. If it was Whit it's no wonder he wasn't upset when Phil replaced Brian as Todd's right-hand man a few races back..............."HIP"

phil just came over from the snakes team. he was on the funny car team with todd over the past few years and joined todd when brian was reasighned to the mike ashley team. ronnie thompson was the one who took over when the ace was out last year. thompson is now a co-crew chief on the morgan lucas dragster.

Thanks Bruce. I had the two of them totally confused. I was thinking it was Phil who did the one shot deal. He won that race too, right..............."HIP"

Phil Shuler was with Scotty Cannon during his early ProMod days and came with Scotty to work on his Oakley Funny Car. After a few years, Phil left and worked a year with JFR. He then came back to work with Scotty for Scotty's last year in F/C. When Scotty left to race ProMods, Phil went to Snake Racing and re-joined DSR recently to work with Todd on Whit's car.

Phil is a really good guy and is very knowledgeable. A big asset wherever he is.

Jim

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back