Whit's opinion... (1 Viewer)

Redman

Nitro Member
I bumped into Whit at the Mopar event in Golden and I was telling him that it really bothered me that people were so disrespectful about him on the boards. He smiled at me and said, "it's OK Jim, I am a dick"... then laughed. Well, I stand corrected. Whit has set me straight.

Jim

I bumped into Whit at the Mopar event in Golden and I was telling him that it really bothered me that people were so disrespectful about him on the boards. He smiled at me and said, "it's OK Jim, I am a dick"... then laughed. Well, I stand corrected. Whit has set me straight.

Jim

LMAO! Though I'm not necesarily his #1 fan, I love Whit for his passion, fire, honesty & competitive drive. Now I can add thick-skinned comedian to the list.:D

Whit's not a dick, he's a MAN..
If I were in his position, I would hope to be as honest and fourthcoming as he is..

Whit is one of the very few drivers who isn't a non stop, walking breathing "infomercial", spewing sponsor after sponsor when asked the tough question about the race itself, and I love that.

I certainly hope he's a part of this sport for years to come.

That's hilarious, Whit seems like a cool "passionate" guy.
I'd love to have dinner & shoot the bull with Whit and Juan Pablo.

This post made me cringe. If Whit had said the same thing to one of his casual fans, and that fan had posted it here, said fan would have been slammed all over this board, until the mods deleted the thread. I believe this to be a fact. I have no reason to doubt the truthfulness of jannard, but it's a tasteless post. And to me that's a fact, NOT an opinion.

Bazemore isn't afraid to say what's on his mind, and he may come across as a dick, but give the man credit for being straightforward.

When he had the Smokin' Joes deal in 96, we were at VMP. My brother like a lot of bashful kids wanted his autograph, but didn't want to just walk up to him. Baze was by himself, saw my brother & motioned him to come over. He asked my brother if he wanted his autograph, and he said yes. Whit then said (exact words) "Listen kid, you have to learn to ask for $hit when you want something." Signed the handout, and my brother was happy.

Whit deserves a championship someday, and hopefully it will happen.

This post made me cringe. If Whit had said the same thing to one of his casual fans, and that fan had posted it here, said fan would have been slammed all over this board, until the mods deleted the thread. I believe this to be a fact. I have no reason to doubt the truthfulness of jannard, but it's a tasteless post. And to me that's a fact, NOT an opinion.

This board has been walking on eggshells since the change. Humor should still be a main part of this board. If the true test is "would you say this to someone's face"... I think this one passes the test.

Whit is really funny. That is the message here. I think most people get it.

Jim

I think Whit is great at what he does, and I respect his sometimes brutal honesty. And his reply to Jannard....way hilarious!!! :D :D

Bazemore isn't afraid to say what's on his mind, and he may come across as a dick, but give the man credit for being straightforward.

When he had the Smokin' Joes deal in 96, we were at VMP. My brother like a lot of bashful kids wanted his autograph, but didn't want to just walk up to him. Baze was by himself, saw my brother & motioned him to come over. He asked my brother if he wanted his autograph, and he said yes. Whit then said (exact words) "Listen kid, you have to learn to ask for $hit when you want something." Signed the handout, and my brother was happy.

Whit deserves a championship someday, and hopefully it will happen.

I'd like to see Whit win the FC championship someday, but I don't believe he, nor any driver, "deserves" anything. If he goes out and wins it THEN he deserved it.

I don't see it that way at all Bob. Whit HAS been bashed a lot here. Jim mentioned it to him and his response was very very funny (your opinion may differ here). Jim shared the response HERE because the bashing was done HERE and he knew we would find it funny too.
Now I have no idea if the reponse would be different if someone else posted this but, then again, Whit wouldn't have made the comment to the average fan. He knows Jim and Alan so he reponded that way.
YMMV

When I initially read Bob's post I thought, "Ya know, he's got a point."

But after allowing it to settle in my mind for a few seconds I thought - this is precisely why a lot of folks are hoping some of the big names come back. They have access to things most of us don't have access too, though we wish we did. Posts like that allow us a small glimpse into the worlds of people we would like to get to know better.

I still think Mr. Jannard's post and Whit are funny as hell.

See Whit still has it. Less than an hour and this thread is nearing its next page LOL

Its a little known secret but Whit gets a commision for every thread he gets and how long it goes. Thats why he likes to be controversial, its all an act. He actually likes basket weaving, knitting and is afraid of jello (don't ask, its a horrible childhood accident). With all the money from the hits, he will soon have his own team, sponsored by the mater. :)

ok maybe the heat is getting to me today

I have gone from not being a fan to being a fan of his. I like his passion and competitiveness. Granted I do wish he'd put himself on a 7 second delay sometimes just to keep himself out of trouble. But I have that habit of engaging the mouth before the brain too. Gets me in trouble too but it keeps life interesting.

Bob I understand what you mean however its the new dawn of the mater

This board has been walking on eggshells since the change. Humor should still be a main part of this board. If the true test is "would you say this to someone's face"... I think this one passes the test.

Whit is really funny. That is the message here. I think most people get it.

Jim

There was nothing wrong with your post. You are not going to please the PC/timeout crowd unless you are cheerleading. It is not bashing if what say is true. You did not say Whit was a dick, you just posted what Whit said.

Some people on here need to lighten up. The world is not all roses, sunshine, and lolipops.

I dont see anything wrong with this thread. I dont care who it was started by. It was funny. Its a different thread if Jim would have said, "Well you know Whit, he is just a dick" or something like that. I think its fine. Not even on thin ice but thats my opinion.

I like Whit, & I liked Al Hoffman...(He's my all time favorite) WJ is right up there..

& Yes Whit does have a sense of humor.. I've spoken to him many times. However my favorite quote of all time is by WJ

He had just won a round, & the announcer at the top end said to him.. "Did you know Jim Yates had a better 60' time?"

WJ Replied... "They (NHRA) Don't Pay $ for 60' times"! :D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back