Whit Bazemore Podcast: NHRA would be better off if....... (1 Viewer)

Patrick ... where ... anywhere ... was the issue of the cost-benefit NHRA delivers as an entertainment brought up? You fabricated something out of whole cloth and elected to use that artifice to take personal shots at people.

You really need to clarify your thinking before opening your pie hole.

If you don't agree, and truly and honestly feel NHRA management is operating in their member's and fan's best interest, just say so.

But please don't dream up some weak, straw-man, ad hominem attack. Kind of makes you appear a fool.

Doc

I do not understand your post because I never took personal shots at anyone. I don't really know what your saying to me because it lacks truth.
I know alot of people, Heard of alot of people, and am a victim of not being able to attend a race because it's just too damn expensive. How do I need to clarify that? I don't make enough money to go to a race and enjoy it, so please tell me how I need to so called clarify my thinking if everything I wrote I can back up? I think your being really harsh about what I wrote when I can back it all up, so I am just going to ignore this post.

...........I know alot of people, Heard of alot of people, and am a victim of not being able to attend a race because it's just too damn expensive. How do I need to clarify that? I don't make enough money to go to a race and enjoy it, so please tell me how I need to so called clarify my thinking if everything I wrote I can back up? I think your being really harsh about what I wrote when I can back it all up, so I am just going to ignore this post.
Have you written to the New York Jets front office yet? Because if you can't afford to go to an NHRA National meet, you damn sure can't afford to go see your beloved Jets in action! And that's over in a mere 3 hours!!!

Have you written to the New York Jets front office yet? Because if you can't afford to go to an NHRA National meet, you damn sure can't afford to go see your beloved Jets in action! And that's over in a mere 3 hours!!!

Exactly, but that's not really even about price, the Meadowlands is sold out week after week, and has been for years. Tickets are rare, and you either know somebody who has them and can't go, or your the lucky one that wins on stub hub. You are 100% correct tho, NHRA event is actually cheaper than football, but it is still out of my range lately. What's really sad and funny about the NHRA is the other post. I will type my feelings where it belongs, there

I know alot of people, Heard of alot of people, and am a victim of not being able to attend a race because it's just too damn expensive.
Wtf, so you don't even attend races but aren't happy with the NHRA races?

Please name racers who YOU have talked to that told you they feel like they are being screwed.

And you uppity-fans best remember this: racers don't need to fans, fans need racers!

Wtf, so you don't even attend races but aren't happy with the NHRA races?

Please name racers who YOU have talked to that told you they feel like they are being screwed.

And you uppity-fans best remember this: racers don't need to fans, fans need racers!

I can't name you every person I have talked to personally or at a local track. I can't afford to go to the NHRA race, but I have been to others that are cheaper. Your right because the NHRA would hold the race if 1,000 people or 1 person was in the stands. I'm happy with the NHRA races, I love going, I miss going, it just isn't economical cause yes, i'm spoiled, I never wanna go just 1 day. A ticket friday and saturday is out of my reach, sunday I don't even bother.

All I want to help fix in the NHRA is to stop them from short changing some teams with their policies, and the fees that they pass on to fans. Yea, the team part may not be my business but the fees are. I am a paying member, I want ND to stop going up along with ticket prices, I mean if it has to go up at least show me a reason for the increase. I feel Marc (thread poster) is a little overboard, we don't need lawyers, we dont need to vote, all we need is management who earn their salary, listens to fan input (i'm not saying implement), and start running it the way it should be ran.

The sport should be neutral if it's not growing, it actually is getting smaller. We need growth, at least in different ways, stop targeting the markets that already know we exist. Why is national event attendance hurting? Prices Why is TV ratings , of all things, doing horrible, TV if anything should be excelling. NHRA needs to evaluate their relationship with ESPN and make a shorter more race driven program and less of the fluff, NHRA needs to value the racers, fans, sponsors, who spend money in this sport instead of making policy changes that hurt all groups. Why should any sponsor have to pay 6500 to the NHRA? These sponsors have decided to pay every single racer who will associate with them. Why will the NHRA possibly damage a sponsor's life in this sport?

Last edited:
All I want to help fix in the NHRA is to stop them from short changing some teams with their policies, and the fees that they pass on to fans.
Nobody is forcing any team to race an NHRA event, there's plenty of other associations they can race in. Btw, some of those teams have done it to themselves.
I am a paying member, I want ND to stop going up along with ticket prices, I mean if it has to go up at least show me a reason for the increase.
Do you demand the same thing from grocery stores, gas stations, or even any other memberships?

Is it maybe because your blinded by your hate for a few "suits"?

You can either be part of the problem, part of the solution, or just b!tch and moan and get in the way.

Nobody is forcing any team to race an NHRA event, there's plenty of other associations they can race in. Btw, some of those teams have done it to themselves.
Do you demand the same thing from grocery stores, gas stations, or even any other memberships?

I have no personal hatred for anyone. Actually grocery stores reason can be found in newspapers and tv has reported the crops and delivery fees get passed on, I dont like it, but Milk needs to be bought, etc. Gas, there is no clear reason of why, other mememberships usually get investigated and an answer gets found. NHRA has given no reasons.

$135 for a 4 day pass is pretty cheap when you think about what you're getting for your money.

Absolutely Mike. $135.00 comes to $33.75 a day, or under 4 bucks an hour. And unlike most other venues you get a pit pass. Disneyland for example is at least twice that amount and you get maybe a dozen runs in on a day and spend the rest of the time waiting in line. The cost for a day to watch NHRA up front and close is in no way out of line.

They really have 135 4 day passes, I never seen this before. Seriously I don't think E-Town has that

Last edited:
I guess the NHRA have been reading your letters Patrick, they are offering $20 General Admission tickets for this weekend's race.;)

I guess the NHRA have been reading your letters Patrick, they are offering $20 General Admission tickets for this weekend's race.;)

I noticed that too that's pretty cool, yet why for the 2 races I can go to my hometown e-town or 2nd reading, why was there no discounts for them? Is it because people in the northeast make more money? Yeah we make more money, yet the standard of living is up with it.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back