Whit Bazemore Podcast: NHRA would be better off if....... (1 Viewer)

Great work John, Whit is absolutely right. NHRA needs better relations with the races, but they need to connect even better with the fans. We pay the money. Fan input with the NHRA listening is extremely low, and all they have done for fans lately is raise ticket prices. National Dragster SKYROCKETED, It's insane it's almost 80 dollars. It stopped being worth to read when it hit 48. There are a majority of fans who do not race, but would like ND; how bout a plan? How bout lowering a sunday ticket to 50. 50 is the max you should charge if you wanna fill seats.

The majority of America is hurting financially and many companies have been working with the economic struggles of the people. NHRA has offered nothing. I have no children under 12, I have not served in the military, where is the everyday working SOB reduced fare ticket to a national event?

As always, J.K., you bring out the best in your interviewees. And ya' got to love Whit; calls 'em like he sees 'em. Mr. Shoe would be wise to get that ol' boy back in a FC soon.

And not to go all broken record on y'all, but the problem in the Association is STILL way beyond obvious: Compton and Light, et al, have built an org that benefits them. And virtually no one else.

They spied a venerable, beloved institution and once Wally passed, purposely steered the thing onto the rocks for personal financial gain.

Seriously ... how the hell does Compton deserve, from what I understand, half a million a year in salary? How? By comparing his worth to the a-holes on Wall Street? I think not. They're not worth it and neither are "our" guys.

These people who installed themselves as a cancer within the NHRA have no motive other than personal profit. They don't care about the sport's history ... unless they can whore it out into more sponsorships or gouge more from strip owners. Or gleefully fleece us, the fans.

I don't understand why the rank and file, let alone the big team owners, don't remedy this problem by getting rid of these clowns. I just don't get it. The NHRA is supposedly a non-profit, right? Then why did they remove transparency from their actions? Why did they remove OUR voting right to elect someone different?

The problem starts and ends with these so-called people running the show. Yet all we fans and members do is sit around and bi*ch.

It's time to do something. It's time for a restoration of voting rights. It's time for a change.

As always, J.K., you bring out the best in your interviewees. And ya' got to love Whit; calls 'em like he sees 'em. Mr. Shoe would be wise to get that ol' boy back in a FC soon.

And not to go all broken record on y'all, but the problem in the Association is STILL way beyond obvious: Compton and Light, et al, have built an org that benefits them. And virtually no one else.

They spied a venerable, beloved institution and once Wally passed, purposely steered the thing onto the rocks for personal financial gain.

Seriously ... how the hell does Compton deserve, from what I understand, half a million a year in salary? How? By comparing his worth to the a-holes on Wall Street? I think not. They're not worth it and neither are "our" guys.

These people who installed themselves as a cancer within the NHRA have no motive other than personal profit. They don't care about the sport's history ... unless they can whore it out into more sponsorships or gouge more from strip owners. Or gleefully fleece us, the fans.

I don't understand why the rank and file, let alone the big team owners, don't remedy this problem by getting rid of these clowns. I just don't get it. The NHRA is supposedly a non-profit, right? Then why did they remove transparency from their actions? Why did they remove OUR voting right to elect someone different?

The problem starts and ends with these so-called people running the show. Yet all we fans and members do is sit around and bi*ch.

It's time to do something. It's time for a restoration of voting rights. It's time for a change.

Yes, Yes, Yes!!!! Now LOL How?

Yes, Yes, Yes!!!! Now LOL How?

Well, Patrick ... to that end, I'm willing to donate my professional writing and editing abilities to the cause.

That cause being getting NHRA members' voting rights restored. So we, the fans, can elect only the people who are demonstrably concerned with the health and growth of the sport. Not greed heads who cleverly installed themselves as the Muammar Gaddafi's of drag racing.

By the way, who else is with me on renaming the underpass at Vegas, "The Compton Culvert?"

I can see a day, my friends, when we drag "he with the curly locks" from his own hidey hole.

And yes, for the knee-jerk reactionaries who will undoubtedly read the above as personal threat; annngggggg!! Wrong! These are metaphors I spout.

However, because I'm afraid an overhaul of the current administration won't come easily, we're also going to need people in other specialties to donate time and effort too.

And some of those folks are going to have to be attorneys.

Now before anyone crucifies me, I honestly don't see a way to "fix" what's wrong with the NHRA without going legal. If there is another way, I'm all ears.

And to those who would pillory myself or anyone else going after change in the NHRA, all I can say is this: you get what you settle for. (Insert footnote: see US political process.)

Because hoping and a'wishing the bozos installed now are going to somehow see the error of their ways without legal action simply isn't realistic.

As Zapata once cried: ¡Viva la Revolución!

BINGO!!!

One problem is these guys are not businessmen, or if they are, they are the worst businessmen ever. Every decision they make is a poor business decision and wrong for the sport. While it's easy to believe that they simply act in ignorance, the reality is they are running the sport into the ground with their arrogance and refusal to listen to their constituency - namely us, the racers and fans. I for one don't want our sport to die, but it looks like only a housecleaning of these misguided "leaders" will prevent it. :mad:

BINGO!!!

One problem is these guys are not businessmen, or if they are, they are the worst businessmen ever. Every decision they make is a poor business decision and wrong for the sport. While it's easy to believe that they simply act in ignorance, the reality is they are running the sport into the ground with their arrogance and refusal to listen to their constituency - namely us, the racers and fans. I for one don't want our sport to die, but it looks like only a housecleaning of these misguided "leaders" will prevent it. :mad:

SPOT ON, Marc & David

SPOT ON, Marc & David

I'll help in any way I can, the sport is not growing and they should care, all it does it keeps getting more expensive for the racer and the fan. Why does Tom Compton make 500,000 bucks a year? Why does any of the board make anything more than what they need to live on, cap them at 100,000. They have not shown enough leadership to deserve that much. Yes CEO's, President's and Board members of corporations make ALOT of money, but the difference there is that most CEO's work their ass off for it. Some Brass of corporations are worth 7 figures because they improve the corporation's life in every level. What has Tom Compton done for 1/2 a mil. All I have seen him do is announce another deal that makes them rich or take a photo. And Graham Light, HA, every decision he makes is 80% of the time 100% wrong. All he does is deliever the verdicts on whatever the guys that actually did the work found out.

I can see it now, T. Compton chasing us Nitromaters from the premises at Pomona with tear gas. Probably will have tiny Ninja darts stuck in his 'fro to hurl at us too. And right beside him, G. Light using what's left of Shoe's shrouds to bean us with.

This may not be the forum, literally or figuratively, to mount a counterattack on the NHRA's removal of member's rights. But if it isn't, where is? And if not us, then whom?

And dang it, if not now, when?

Arise, Nitromaters, arise!

It will be a cold day in hell before any of the above blowhards do anything of substance to address their "issues" with nhra. I would truly be amazed and impressed if Patrick and marc actually start a petition or in any way try to contact compton or light. Come on guys put your effort where your mouths are and maybe somethings can change! True there are some things that need cha nging. But one thing that is undeniable is that they pit on 23 great drag races a year. I go to several of them. And for a ( i believe) fair amount of money i get a full day of great entertainment. You guys need a reality check. Try going to a 2 hr.broadway show for $150. Or a football game. Or a cold play concert etc etc. If i see any concrete evidence that you guys are trying to address some important issues with the nhra i will join you. Give us a petition stating your issues and i will read it and sign it, if i agree. Or if i dont agree i will praise you for the effort. Come on marc You dont need lawyers to make a change. Get off yer butt and start the ball rolling. You say your a writer. So let see some well thought out positions.

It will be a cold day in hell before any of the above blowhards do anything of substance to address their "issues" with nhra. I would truly be amazed and impressed if Patrick and marc actually start a petition or in any way try to contact compton or light. Come on guys put your effort where your mouths are and maybe somethings can change! True there are some things that need cha nging. But one thing that is undeniable is that they pit on 23 great drag races a year. I go to several of them. And for a ( i believe) fair amount of money i get a full day of great entertainment. You guys need a reality check. Try going to a 2 hr.broadway show for $150. Or a football game. Or a cold play concert etc etc. If i see any concrete evidence that you guys are trying to address some important issues with the nhra i will join you. Give us a petition stating your issues and i will read it and sign it, if i agree. Or if i dont agree i will praise you for the effort. Come on marc You dont need lawyers to make a change. Get off yer butt and start the ball rolling. You say your a writer. So let see some well thought out positions.

I'm working on it, racers need to stop being screwed, fans need to stop paying the prices the only go up and get nothing more back for it. I don't want to replace the suites, I want to change the way they think; make the more aware of what is going on outside the NHRA office

although admission/seating prices vary from event to event, i still feel
(same as barry) amount paid for entertainment value is fair; haven't stopped going yet.

racers and NHRA have confrontational relationship?... from an outsider's view,
maybe somewhat (recent shroud episode was silly), but overall if you consider
it more of a checks & balances relationship?
if everyone was truly on the same page, things could get really good really fast,
or the complete opposite resulting in unexpected failure.
is the NHRA a steady repeating business model? yes, with fluctuation
does the NHRA need to grow? not necessarily
does the NHRA rely too much on the sportsman gate? probably
should overall operating expense decline? yes, there is always fat to cut.
will owners bend the rules? yes
will NHRA police the rules? yes
will both screw up from time to time? yes

Patrick ... where ... anywhere ... was the issue of the cost-benefit NHRA delivers as an entertainment brought up? You fabricated something out of whole cloth and elected to use that artifice to take personal shots at people.

You really need to clarify your thinking before opening your pie hole.

If you don't agree, and truly and honestly feel NHRA management is operating in their member's and fan's best interest, just say so.

But please don't dream up some weak, straw-man, ad hominem attack. Kind of makes you appear a fool.

Doc

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back