Where's Alan Reinhart? (1 Viewer)

OK boys and girls...We are back up and running. LVMS had a little Christmas tree issue, but Jeff Foster and his crew did a great job to get us up and running again.

Funny Car on the line....AND ALAN is BACK ON THE TOP END!!!

OMG Ray, I saw this post laughed and said to myself he's probably right get home and on the puter 2 hours and 1 boubon later and yep Ray was right and the race isn't any further along than when I left work. Any other pearls you wanna share with us Ray??? Maybe something we could put a wager on in Vegas. Any help here would be appreciated. lol :D:D:D

Well, they pulled the plug. No top fuel. That was one miserable day. Saw some good stock and super stock racing, but after the rain we went back in and with cold 50 mph winds, turned around and went home to listen on the internet. Hoping tomorrow is better!!

Look at that Ray's flippin Nostradomus now :D
Trust me, many have seen this movie as many times as I over the years. It always ends the same unfortunately.
For everyone!
Arley included!

I should have said, I'll buy everyone in the place a steak dinner if it's less than a 45 minute clean up.
I'm not sure why NHRA does'nt use my suggestion and lay the lane with sweep ahead of time...

Sorry guys, I had nothing to do with this one. :)

That's funny Al! :D :eek:

Last edited:
Never, Ever Doubt the BOSS... may take him 5 years to color sand a crew cab dually, but Ray Knows Drag Racing...

and who's this Reinhart guy this thread was started about... abducted by UFOs? do we need to call Large Father? Vegas is inside the Groom Lake, Edwards, Roswell triangle?

d'kid

Re: Nostradamus predicting the sun rising from the east.

It was closer to a fifty/fifty wager. The other fifty percent being the chance of the throttle linkage breaking or falling off before Arley could use it.

Geez...I always want to give him the benifit of the doubt, but....he sure f**ks things up every time he shows up.

Trust me, many have seen this movie as many times as I over the years. It always ends the same unfortunately. For everyone!

I should have said, I'll buy everyone in the place a steak dinner if it's less than a 45 minute clean up.
I'm not sure why NHRA does'nt use my suggestion though.

Sorry guys, but I had nothing to do with this one. :)

That's funny Al! :D

Arley's engine sounded (NOT HAPPY) once it lit. Once he nailed the throttle, that roman candle lit and SOAKED the right lane! Still wondering since he was the only top fuel car to make it through Q-1 today, if he is .....DRUM ROLL PLEASE... YOUR NUMBER 1 QUALIFIER IN TOP FUEL!

MARK DOWN THIS DAY FOLKS!!! IT'S HISTORIC!

Drag Racing Internet Magazine - Competition Plus.com - 2009 NHRA SUMMITRACING.COM NATIONALS - EVENT NOTEBOOK

How many times does it have to happen before the team is told they can compete until the issue is resolved?

instead of where's Waldo we can now play where's AlanR

I heard Alan's voice now and again over the fricking wind. I am from Seattle but have lived in Vegas at one point in my life so when I saw that rain I knew it would go away. The wind, however, that just made me grumpy. That's the kind of wind you huddle in your house back in the northwest and hope it doesn't knock out your power. The kind of wind that sends you scurrying for the candles, matches and flash lights.

One thing I can say about today is that despite the fact Gary Densham didn't get a good pass laid down I was pleased to see he was there. When wandering around in the pits I didn't see any sign of Gary so I was relieved to see that black and pink car on the track with the tequila sponsor on it again.

Just in case I am bringing a change of clothes tomorrow for the opposite type of weather than what is going on when I leave for the track. I froze my stupid ass off today in capris and sandals. :mad:

I stuck it out until just after 5 p.m. and shortly before they pulled the plug. The wind was blowing so hard it hurt as I walked back to the car. Grr.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back