Where are the Torrences? (1 Viewer)

Welp, there you have it...I guess.

Seems a bit strange to me that the NHRA would supposedly take over 2 months to respond to an appeal, let alone act on it. If this is the case, shame on them. NHRA needs race cars in attendance at there events and to not have worked out the appeal prior to the 60th running of the Winternationals is suspicious at best.

Either way, glad to hear that things have been ironed out and that the Torrence Racing team will be back next week. Whether you like them or not, they are good for the sport, even if Steve's role is to play the villain. We all know the sport could use a little dust up every now and then.

P.S. I do think that it is in very poor taste for the NHRA to now use the footage of the incident between Steve and Cameron as part of their marketing. But then again, NASCAR has worn out the clips of their drivers (past and current) for their marketing.

Agreed that NHRA should not have used the incident for promotion (unless that's what they are promoting). Just a continuation of fumbling the ball on how it handled this issue.

Should have kicked him out on the spot and been done with it. a firm and final decision.

really dont get the why the torrences have an issue, steve has already admitted wrong doing and i cant imagine its the 25K, so i'm guessing, forcing steve to take the anger management classes are the problem and i guess when your a billionaire, no one tells you what to do! . . . . . easy fix , find some strip mall clinic, slip the instructor a couple hundred, for a passing grade and problem solved!;) of course another problem will be, if at the next race, steve clocks another driver in the face, then everyone will know the classes didn't take!:p
Pretty sure that the Anger Management class comes with some leverage to a criminal assault case (possibly). So if he DOESN'T do it legit, the authorities could possibly become involved.

Safer to be smart and take the 12 weeks of classes.

I'm sure glad they are going to be back in Phoenix. It was just weird not seeing them parked in their spot at Pomona. Maybe we will see a Torrence holding a Wally for the third year in a row when the Arizona desert dust settles. :cool:
The rigs never left WHP. Glad to have them ALL coming back at our little shindig....And based on how Steve tested - I'll wager $$$ on him to win.

The problem in your playing in the N.H.R.A. sandbox!
They make the rules and since there are no other sandboxes to play in they run the shows they way they think they should be run.

If they N.H.R.A. had competition and the racers had another association and sectioning body where they could run things might be different.
We all know the stories about the other sectioning bodies that tried and failed over the last 50 years.

Just my opinion. Jim Hill
www.nostalgicracingdecals.com

It will be interesting to see if the NHRA explains why it took them so long to answer the Torrences appeal ( if the story is true ) You know its gonna have to be part of the Phoenix TV broadcast.

Maybe they appealed because similar punishment was not handed out for similar inceidents over the past few years? Just thinking allowed here........

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back