Where are the Torrences? (1 Viewer)

i find it funny that nhra are using the pictures of steves punch on there commerials.

I noticed that too. NHRA doesn't want altercations (nor do I) and will fine someone for starting one. They say that this is not what drag racing is all about. But then they turn around and use it to their benefit in a commercial. And just how long are they going to keep running that commercial? All year?

Just a simple look at the NHRA page again.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-02-09 Mello Yello(1).png
    Screenshot_2020-02-09 Mello Yello(1).png
    140.4 KB · Views: 88
  • Screenshot_2020-02-09 Mello Yello.png
    Screenshot_2020-02-09 Mello Yello.png
    259.7 KB · Views: 84
If Torrence hasn't paid the fine and completed those anger management classes, wouldn't NHRA come out and announce that until the conditions for return were met, Torrence would not be able to compete?
Instead, NHRA uses the shoving incident in a promotional commercial, and the CAPCO car is in another commercial.

I believe that a competitor can continue to race provided the penalty is under appeal.

Garlits walked away from the NHRA more than once over a variety of issues. Prudhomme took a year off because he wouldn't race on his own dime. NHRA and top fuel will survive and even thrive. Maybe this will be the impetus for NHRA to raise purses and hopefully attract more regional fuel teams to come to the track. No one (except Force....)is bigger than the sport.

I'm doubtful that there is any issue between Torrence and the NHRA regarding the fine or the class. If this were the case, I believe the NHRA would put out a release stating as such. And it certainly looks like they have intentions to race in Phoenix in a couple of weeks since they left their rigs parked there. It's unfortunate that the reason hasn't been forthcoming, but it's their business.

Salinas on the other had is not hiding anything, as he's come out and given reasons as to why the will not join the tour until Houston.

Instead, NHRA uses the shoving incident in a promotional commercial, and the CAPCO car is in another commercial.

I just cannot get passed that, it can't be that simple. If it means that this is the truth and the NHRA is holding him to said fine/classes, claiming they (NHRA) are so offended about it that EVERYTHING they stand for and dont wish to condone, is now used as a selling point turning a blind eye?

All I can say Torrance incident must not have bothered NHRA since they had it in the beginning ad for the race !!!!!

if Torrence was suspended, how was he able to test at Phoenix before Pomona? you still gotta have a license to test at an NHRA track.

if Torrence was suspended, how was he able to test at Phoenix before Pomona? you still gotta have a license to test at an NHRA track.
Torrence was never suspended. He was fined $25,000 and required to take anger management classes. He isn’t allow to return to competition until those requirements are met.

NHRA isn't going to cave on the fine and classes. The Torrences will blink first, or just stay home. Their choice.

And if they (NHRA) does succumb to their threats, just what does that say to every other racer (in all classes)? That they can just ignore NHRA penalties?

I would imagine that it has more to do with protesting the new Countdown rules over the fine and classes for the "Incident". Many have already called this the "Billy Torrence rule".

On another note though, Torrence Racing has multi millions $$$ invested in this inventory, and it's only good for one thing!
Capco.jpg

I'm not quite sure why this has been unofficially dubbed the "Billy Torrence" rule, as Billy made the Countdown be earning enough points in the regular season. If anything this would be called the Scott Palmer, Terry McMillen, Cruz Pedregon, Jim Campbell rule, as these four drivers ran all 18 regular season events and made at least two qualifying attempts at those races. Had the new rule change been in effect last year, those four drivers would have made the Countdown in the 11th and 12th positions.

Many have already called this the "Billy Torrence rule".

And I have no idea why anyone would call it that, unless they did not understand the changes. This would have had ZERO impact on Billy last year and probably ZERO impact on him this year.

I'm not quite sure why this has been unofficially dubbed the "Billy Torrence" rule, as Billy made the Countdown be earning enough points in the regular season. If anything this would be called the Scott Palmer, Terry McMillen, Cruz Pedregon, Jim Campbell rule, as these four drivers ran all 18 regular season events and made at least two qualifying attempts at those races. Had the new rule change been in effect last year, those four drivers would have made the Countdown in the 11th and 12th positions.

You beat me to it Chris!

I would imagine that it has more to do with protesting the new Countdown rules over the fine and classes for the "Incident". Many have already called this the "Billy Torrence rule".

The Torrence’s not racing at Pomona had nothing to do with the new Countdown rules!! And the only people calling it the Billy Torrence rule are idiots that failed reading comprehension at school.

Right, everybody likes to forget that Salinas skipped some races last year and also made the clowndown. Leah missed a few a couple years ago, and one race last year and still made the clowndown. Billy ins't unique in making the top 10 skipping/missing races.

Right, everybody likes to forget that Salinas skipped some races last year and also made the clowndown. Leah missed a few a couple years ago, and one race last year and still made the clowndown. Billy ins't unique in making the top 10 skipping/missing races.

But those guys are SUPPOSED to contend for titles.. Billy is just out having fun.. 😂 🤔

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back