Where are the Torrences? (2 Viewers)

I have a hard time believing this. What immediately shot into my mind (and don't ask me why) is that perhaps he would prefer not to currently step foot in a certain jurisdiction.

You think someone might be waiting for him with assault charges ??

The real reason the Torrences aren't in Pomona is because they are stuck in a snowed in hotel for the foreseeable future....

44c4c44e7c1cffc5be96f4588ffd6b98.jpg

Just my opinion but this is the last thing the N.H.R.A. needs happening at this point in time.
Hopefully they can sit down and talk about a path forward for everyone involved.

If neither one changes their position the N.H.R.A. will take a hit in spectators and TV coverage numbers which translates into a lot of lost revenue for them.
The old saying you can win the battle but lose the war applies here.

Jim Hill
www.nostalgicracingdecals.com

Do you really think his absence moves the needle that much? If so, they must have lost a fortune last year by not having Tony Schumacher out there as well.

If he’s refusing to show up for the reasons the original post claims I find it pathetic on their part. Pay the fine, take the class and be the big man you claim to be.

No fine + no class = no class

That's the stupid part of this whole ordeal. It seems awfully petty on the part of NHRA. A fine is understandable. Requiring anger management classes is ridiculous.

I agree and I have a question: NHRA and the Torrences had nearly 3 MONTHS to work this out, which should have been ample time. As for Salinas, I don't believe the Torrence situation or the countdown rules had anything with his decision. He's skipped races before over business conflicts before and that team just doesn't come across as the kind who would get their panties in a wad over this.

Hmm. $hit is going down between NHRA and Steve. Everyone said "F" Steve because of that incident. Tony hasn't been competing and the world hasn't shut down. What does Tony have to offer to the smaller teams? Nothing! Capco on the other hand, They supply affordable parts to the underfunded teams and many may think he's a Bl@w J@b.
Think about it, Steve and CAPCO help many teams so that they can run the Fuel class.

Hmm. $hit is going down between NHRA and Steve. Everyone said "F" Steve because of that incident. Tony hasn't been competing and the world hasn't shut down. What does Tony have to offer to the smaller teams? Nothing! Capco on the other hand, They supply affordable parts to the underfunded teams and many may think he's a Bl@w J@b.
Think about it, Steve and CAPCO help many teams so that they can run the Fuel class.
What does Tony have to offer? Well he's part of DSR who DOES help a lot of teams.

DSR is a huge help to many, many racers. Whether Tony is racing or not doesn’t have anything to do with Don’s immense help to others.
None of us know the real reason Steve is sitting out Pomona (myself included). Time will tell

And if he doesn’t like it then it’s obvious he needs that class after all. He had all offseason to reflect and come back as the bigger man and not the bigger baby.

maybe that is why he is boycotting, does not like them reminding him of the stupid stunt.

Well that is walking all around the block the NHRA operates. Let's contain fires, explosions, crashes, and fights. Wait, S**T, we need a commercial, so let's sell that. Nascar airs about three times as many ads a year than the NHRA, and at least 2/3'rds of them do not use crashes and fights to sell the race.

Were there fines and/or anger managementclasses handed our after Tanner Gray and Richard Freemans teams had their pit dust up in 2017?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back