When NHRA does something right (US Nationals) (1 Viewer)

Isn’t it safe to say TD is a Poor man’s Alcohol Dragster?? Lot of former TAD cars now run in that class.
I dont know Joe these dragsters are pretty damn expensive TS is getting crazy.
Randy Meyer told me he's making as much money racing as his wrecker business, if you have the power and knowledge it can be done.

Great article about the TD/TS classes in the newest issue of Wes Buck's Drag Illustrated. Anybody who is either a racer or serious fan of the sport needs to subscribe to that magazine. Regarding the Top classes, I think they're great. Super fast cars, lots of variety, and the fact that they are not headsup is what should keep them healthy for a long time. With Top Alky cars running very low fives, the technology is out there to have cars run low 6's without destroying parts. I'm not saying these are cheap cars, just that when you make the leap to Top Alky or Pro Mod, it becomes another animal.

The St. Louis national last year had a 6.37 bump with only one qualifier. Looking at the DNQ list, I see at least four cars that could run the minimum and make the field if they had another hit to get down the track. If they get in, that moves the bump down to 6.26, and that's assuming no one else picks up. I know a lot of people were disappointed that there was only one hit because they wanted to see what the field would have looked like with the standard three (or at least two).

The 6.10 minimum is new this year. Too many cars now are capable of running quicker than what they will certify to, so I'm guessing insurance had a say in that.

A 6.37 Bump on a 32 car field??? That’s impressive!!! I was at the Houston Natl I’m guessing 2015-16? Damn the years run together anymore... anyway John Kile Ran an .02 and was No 1. On his last Q pass ran a 5.98@232! Don’t know if he got fined or just a Bitching our!

A 6.37 Bump on a 32 car field??? That’s impressive!!! I was at the Houston Natl I’m guessing 2015-16? Damn the years run together anymore... anyway John Kile Ran an .02 and was No 1. On his last Q pass ran a 5.98@232! Don’t know if he got fined or just a Bitching our!
Back then, likely neither (definitely not a fine). Running in the fives really only became a big deal in the last couple years. From what some friends have told me, D4 was stricter about it than up north, so he might have heard something, but in D3, dipping into the fives was just a breakout/throwaway run until this year, as long as you weren't going TOO deep.

At the moment, 38 entered for a 32 car field. I am not familiar enough with the cars entered to have a good idea what a ballpark bump spot may be given how those specific cars normally run.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back