When did pro teams start taking so much pit space? (1 Viewer)

Kenny Bernstein is the first I remember with pit side hospitality. And as I understand it, he would sell it to the local Bud distributer who then would give the tickets to their best customers. KB was/is a very smart businessman.

The midway was a victim of the internet. Between the information available at a click, and mail order, it's hard to justify a rig on the road full time.
I used to wear the Holley Carb guys out when they came to the AHRA Winternationals in Tucson. I had questions, they had answers, and if I need to buy something there was always a racer discount to be had. Same with the Hurst Shifter guys. Now? I can find answers with a click.

Alan

Kenny Bernstein is the first I remember with pit side hospitality. And as I understand it, he would sell it to the local Bud distributer who then would give the tickets to their best customers. KB was/is a very smart businessman.

The midway was a victim of the internet. Between the information available at a click, and mail order, it's hard to justify a rig on the road full time.
I used to wear the Holley Carb guys out when they came to the AHRA Winternationals in Tucson. I had questions, they had answers, and if I need to buy something there was always a racer discount to be had. Same with the Hurst Shifter guys. Now? I can find answers with a click.

Alan
I think the same thing happened with the memorabilia show that was held during the US Nationals. It was a lot of fun, kind of like treasure hunting. But now, the internet has really changed the collectable market as well.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back