What's wrong with the Cunnigham car? (1 Viewer)

Bill

Nitro Member
What's wrong with the Cunningham car?

I think Grace has got off the line once out of 9 attempts. Any ideas what's going on?

Last edited:
Whats the only consistant thing with the car? They have changed Drivers, crew, Crew Chief, Engines. But not the *****

1 out of 9 runs,come on,dont think its the CC,Looks Grace is in the wrong class????
meanwhile Buddy is qualified nicely,lol.

Makes you wonder if they are experimenting with the clutch set-up. I'm sure they'll get it sorted out but it has to be frustrating for them.

Im sur drivers drive threw tire shake at somepoint,17 sec runs shows no attempet
Jeremy what did you see her do that would make you think that she is the problem? I have to think that you must see something that the rest of us are not seeing. I could not imagine anyone dishing a new drivers efforts unless they had seen something concrete to give them that view.

I didnt say she cant drive,just never seen anything like this with any1 else. Id like to see her try to drive threw it,unless its really that bad?????

Re: What's wrong with the Cunningham car?

Ask the crewchief :D

Thanks for the question Jack,

I assure you that Grace is not the reason we were standing up and shaking the tires at Concord,

I have had the privilege of working with a couple of really good rookie drivers in the last 3 years, and Grace is as good as I have seen.
Her focus is incredible, her burnouts spot on, and her shift points dead on.

It would have been irresponsible to try to drive thru the wheelstand induced tire shake that we were encountering at Concord. The front end was too high to recover.

The actual reason for the tire shake is that we were having trouble adapting the chassis to the incredible track and air conditions at the track. Along with the fact that the engine shop has been making some sizable improvments in the engine package over the last several weeks.

All the members on this team are committed to working as hard as we can to make this program successful. We just have to keep working on our program and it will shine.....We have a great group of people, and we are going to have some fun.

Jim I know it will not take you long to figure it out. It is always cool to see new faces in the pro classes. Good luck with your new team.

Thanks Jim, I should have known better. I just wanted someone whose seen the car run lately to enlighten me. I'm sure she's a good driver and I'm sure you'll get it sorted out. Good luck!

Thx for posting Jim! Hope you all do well at Dallas! And reading ill be there!!

Thanks Jeremy, the plan is for us to skip Dallas and spend the next 2 weeks testing and then attend every race for the rest of the season.
We have alot to learn about adapting the Ford's powercurve to the car setup, and it makes more sense to make 25 runs testing rather than spend the time to travel to Dallas and only get in a few runs.

it makes more sense to make 25 runs testing rather than spend the time to travel to Dallas and only get in a few runs.

i've always wondered why alot of new teams just getting into pro stock chose to shake the car down or test n tune at national events. it would seem more efficient to rent a local track, pay for the any additional track prep needed and make as many runs as u want instead of dragging all the hardware hundreds of miles with virtually no chance of qualifying and making only 4 runs maximum

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back