No more diving might lurk in the ladder (1 Viewer)

I was NITRO BREATH

Nitro Member
I just went back and checked about half of the funny car ladders for 2009 races. Turns out team members don't meet that often. Some races not at all. Some once or maybe twice.
so maybe we don't let team members race each other except in the final when it can't be avoided. Match ups, except first round, are arbitrary so what's wrong with changing them to avoid cheating. Seems like a small price to pay.
OK now everyone can tell me why this is a terrible idea:)

I just went back and checked about half of the funny car ladders for 2009 races. Turns out team members don't meet that often. Some races not at all. Some once or maybe twice.
so maybe we don't let team members race each other except in the final when it can't be avoided. Match ups, except first round, are arbitrary so what's wrong with changing them to avoid cheating. Seems like a small price to pay.
OK now everyone can tell me why this is a terrible idea:)

If the objective is to keep team cars apart to avoid manipulation of the outcomes, your suggestion is warranted but I fear the team that earned the right to race #16 by qualifying #1 would be furious to find he had to race #9 instead since #8 & #9 were team cars.

I can guarantee team cars meeting from here on out! I can also guarantee there will be speculation on them all despite the outcome.

If the objective is to keep team cars apart to avoid manipulation of the outcomes, your suggestion is warranted but I fear the team that earned the right to race #16 by qualifying #1 would be furious to find he had to race #9 instead since #8 & #9 were team cars.

I can guarantee team cars meeting from here on out! I can also guarantee there will be speculation on them all despite the outcome.

true-- so # 1 has to race #15. it is better than racing a team member

I believe diving will emerge again as a hidden art. You know, like gays in the military. ;)Mr. Obvious willing no longer be driving/diving in the finals.:D

lets just call Loyd Bridges
he knows all about diving
oh wait his sone played in the Shirley Muldowny movie
conspiracy in the making??

for those maters too young to remember Loyd Bridges had a tv series called "sea hunt"

Ah jeez it ain't like it's a constant problem and if we really need to ***** it all can be blamed on the chase er the Countdown !

Now there's something to ***** about !
Wilkerson would have won without the countdown last year and I did not see Tim crying ! His fans maybe !
Dale Earnhardt lost his life after blocking for a team mate for thirty laps !
NASCAP said nothing .

Everyone knew the stakes were too high for Force too not lay down.
He has a large operation that needs constant feeding and Roberts car was running great that day and would likely have won in a fair race anyway.
I would have thought John would have done a better job of loosing though !
John just does not know how to loose ! :D

lets just call Loyd Bridges
he knows all about diving
oh wait his sone played in the Shirley Muldowny movie
conspiracy in the making??

for those maters too young to remember Loyd Bridges had a tv series called "sea hunt"

I cant beleive it took this long to bring up LLoyd Bridges and Sea Hunt!!!!
Whenever his regulator hose got cut by the bad guys it was always the exhaust side!!
It was a favorite show of mine!!

Last edited:
My brother and used to "play" Sea Hunt at the community pool in the 1960s. You know, beat the crap out of each other under water like good guy / bad guy on the show.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back