What racing class/catagory would you NOT race in? (1 Viewer)

HEMI6point1

Nitro Member
DISCLAIMER: I am not bashing the drivers of these classes nor the classes themselves, I actually find these men and women quite brave.

Which two classes would you NOT want to race in, even if someone offered you money to drive the car/bike?

For me, it would be:

Outlaw 10.5: They are fun to watch but if I had to drive 200+ mph on skinny tires I would have to stock extra skivvies for the weekend.

Top Fuel bike: Might as well strap a bomb between your legs. Enough said.

for me its the pro stock bikes. I just got a problem with going nearly 200mph without a roll cage. :p

jf

ROFL at the responses!! As soon as I read the title and the original post I knew this would be an interesting thread!

I'd have to go with Fuel Bikes of any kind... there's just no sane reason to straddle one of those rockets.

Anything EJ Potter ever rode:eek:
Seriously, I don't belong behind the wheel of anything quicker than mid 14's...
Know Thy Limits:eek:

No motorcycles for me. I would try anything else at least once. :)

EDIT: After looking at Buzz's IHBA thread, I think you can safely add Drag Boats to the list of things I won't drive.

Last edited:
Top Fuel Harleys. No doubt. You have to be nuts to ride one. Its a death wish. In all the thousands of runs I have seen go down a racetrack, the one that sticks out the most was Larry "Spiderman" McBride on his top fuel bike at Houston several years ago he was the first in the 5's and right at 250mph. It carried the front wheel to the 1000 ft marker and then took off like a rocket ship. Not to mention he had a 3 ft flame shooting out the back of the back. It was amazing and I thought to myself, to ride that thing you would have to be able to make an elephant jealous if you know what I mean.

I wouldn't be the passenger in/on one of those old motorcycle sidecars where you're face down with your chin inches from the ground! Not without a little alcohol first, anyways. If I'm gonna die, I wanna be laughing. :)

IRL....

Anyone with a wallet and a helmet can run around for 2 hours at 200mph with 20 other cars, no matter what their experience level. Scares the hell out of me.

I like the idea of a roll cage so as much as I like watching the bikes I couldn't drive one.

I would have to say any motorcycle and to take the "Super" comment from earlier one step further, I would limit it to the .90 classes. I am not too keen on the computer controlled stuff.

Here's my list:

• Any kind of dragster - wouldn't fit!
  • Any Super/.90 class - not into throttle stops
  • Any bike - poor balance and I want to live!

As for what I WOULD like to race:

• Top Sportsman - slightly less scary than Pro Mod
  • Comp - for the geek/techy side of me

[
Which two classes would you NOT want to race in, even if someone offered you money to drive the car/bike?

I wouldn't race anything that leaves hard and then goes up on a throttle stop.Period. Ever.

I would race anything with
A:a Crowerglide.
B: Nitromethane and paddle tires (Sand Dragster)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back