What if it rains??? (2 Viewers)

scsp390

Nitro Member
OK-Here is a Bone I'll throw out to all of you. What is going to happen if it rains out any of the 4 qualifying sessions this weekend? According to what I have read all 4 Pro Classes will have the opprotunity make a pass in all 4 lanes. So-if it rains even in one of the qualifying sesssions what's going to happen?? I swear this race should have been called the NHRA CIRCUS/CARNIVAL Nationals!!!

Beating_A_Dead_Horse_by_livius.gif

(stole this from ya mike!)

Thinking logically must not be a characteristic everyone has. This is no different than when there is only one qualifying session due to weather. The show will go on and teams will have to deal with not having a shot at all the lanes. Everyone will be in the same boat, so it is fair. How about you give it a shot to see if you like it before calling it a circus. It is different and I applaud the NHRA and Bruton Smith for bringing something new to the sport. I am sure there are purists out there who are still pissed off the NHRA replaced the flagman for the tree and surely 4 wide has their panties in a bunch.

OK-Here is a Bone I'll throw out to all of you. What is going to happen if it rains out any of the 4 qualifying sessions this weekend? According to what I have read all 4 Pro Classes will have the opprotunity make a pass in all 4 lanes. So-if it rains even in one of the qualifying sesssions what's going to happen?? I swear this race should have been called the NHRA CIRCUS/CARNIVAL Nationals!!!
That's not necessarily true ... read the disclaimer about qualifying

NHRA Story » Four-Wide 101: How the NHRA Four-Wide Nationals will work

Because qualifying goes by points in round 1 and then qualified order from previous sessions (both standard and inverted), there is risk that not all cars will get a lap in each lane even if all 4 rounds happen. Its just mathematics based on car count. The field has to be divisible 4 to ensure it.

Also, notice that 16 cars will be qualified all the way through. The 12 car field deal on Friday is not in play for this race.

The new Health Bill covers this on page 2743.

I'm just say'in

The thing it does not cover is whether or not they bought 2 more Brooms for the Burnout Area (or will they share the 2 they have?). They are not required to have 4 Brooms right now but I think just prior to Sunday morning they will have too (see page 2748).:eek:

I am really enjoying all the comments I am getting. This weekend Drag Racing will either make HSITORY as the Best RACE ever-or The BIGGEST mistake they ever made.. Either way I am GLAD I am NOT there!:eek::eek::eek:

Last edited:
Thinking logically must not be a characteristic everyone has. This is no different than when there is only one qualifying session due to weather. The show will go on and teams will have to deal with not having a shot at all the lanes. Everyone will be in the same boat, so it is fair. How about you give it a shot to see if you like it before calling it a circus. It is different and I applaud the NHRA and Bruton Smith for bringing something new to the sport. I am sure there are purists out there who are still pissed off the NHRA replaced the flagman for the tree and surely 4 wide has their panties in a bunch.

Paul,
Flag man good, Flag Girl Gooder... always thought the whole christmas tree thing is dumb... would prefer instant green, in all classes, no warning yellow.

don't mind 4 cars at a time, no prob anymore with the first two across the line being called winners... it is what it is, and i will listen Sunday to the audio cast... this will be the first time in years i won't be keeping a ladder during a race...

regarding the first two rounds, to paraphrase my coach in high school, it's not that you win or loose, coming in second is good enough...

d'kid

I am really excited about this weekend. I wish I could be there. I am very pleased that Bruton and NHRA have introduced something new. I think it will be pretty amazing watching the pro's run 4 wide all weekend. I cant wait to see this deal.:D

That's not necessarily true ... read the disclaimer about qualifying

NHRA Story » Four-Wide 101: How the NHRA Four-Wide Nationals will work

Because qualifying goes by points in round 1 and then qualified order from previous sessions (both standard and inverted), there is risk that not all cars will get a lap in each lane even if all 4 rounds happen. Its just mathematics based on car count. The field has to be divisible 4 to ensure it.

Also, notice that 16 cars will be qualified all the way through. The 12 car field deal on Friday is not in play for this race.

I'm looking forward to the first lane swap on Sunday-could get really crazy with cars going in different directions! I could see someone like Greg Stanfield (who I like) having fun with this.

Rick Stewart better have an extra bottle of CALMATIVES this weekend. As we all know it doesn't take much to PISS that man off. I can see it now-FORCE will do a 1,000ft. Burn Out and the other 3 will do typical burnouts- and Stewart will probably be ready to "Pop Open a Vein!":eek::eek::eek:

BREAKING NEWS, BADER FAMILY/NORWALK RACEWAY ANNOUNCE IN ASSOC. W/N.H.R.A (WISH I COULD MAKE THESE LETTERS EVEN BIGGER, THAT WOULD REALLY FOOL EM) 64,000. HORSEPOWER - 1 MILE TRACK- 20 FT. SHUTDOWN (1st time ever attempted, we think) ALL-IN-A-ROW.BEST QUAL. CAR LEADS THE PACK, LESSER QUAL. CARS LINE UP BEHIND HIM- 8 DEEP. AT THE HIT OF THE THROTTLE, ALL CARS WILL BE ALLOWED TO PASS WITH-IN THE ONE MILE LENGTH, THEN DROP ANCHOR, PULL CHUTES , MUSH ON THE NEWLY INSTALLED KRYPTINITE BRAKES( pending n.h.r.a acceptance). I just can,t stop my mind from wandering, sorry.

From looking at tonights weather Sunday is now the day in question....possible rain Sunday....

Billy

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back