What happened to Bazemore's Crew Guy? (1 Viewer)

Dave

Nitro Member
Bob Frey said on the audiocast that one of Baze's crew guys was seriously injured in a freak pit accident. Does anybody know how the guy is doing and what happened?

Dave

Haven't been able to find out exactly what happened, but it must be serious because they've started a fund to help him out, and Adam mentioned that a little facial reconstruction would not keep him from the races. That doesn't sound too good. Hope he's better real soon.

While towing the car from the tech area, the tube that the tow strap hook pin slides into on the front of the car malfunctioned. The pin pulled out and the strap and pin shot back at the tow rig ond the pin hit him in the face causing facial injuries.

Given a choice -- Plastic and MaxilioFacial surgery is preferable to NeuroSurgery.
Be careful out there!

GET WELL ADAM - David Powers Motorsports is accepting donations for fallen crew member Adam Hiller. Hiller was seriously injured in a pit accident Thursday during tech inspections.

Donations for the Adam Hiller Recovery Fund are being accepted at the David Powers Motorsports hospitality area between the Matco Tools and MacAllister CAT teams. The Harley-Davidson display in the Manufacturer’s Midway also is collecting donations to help offset the rising medical costs.

Hiller, 29, from Lincoln, Neb., is in his first season as a crew member on the NHRA team. He joined the Matco Tools team last winter. The former Wyotech student services superchargers on Whit Bazemore’s Matco Tools dragster and currently resides in Brownsburg, Ind. Hiller is scheduled to be released from Methodist Hospital in Indianapolis on Saturday.

“It’s going to take more than facial reconstruction surgery to keep me away from drag racing,” Hiller joked from Methodist Hospital.

Matco Tools kicked off the recovery efforts with a $1,000 donation and NHRA fans at the U.S. Nationals have flocked to both locations to aid in the recover effort. For every dollar raised, Powers has committed to match that amount.

“Adam (Hiller) is a terrific kid and we’ll do everything we can to help in his recovery process,” Powers said. “He is a very important part of our race team and we want to ensure he makes a full recovery and he’ll be welcomed back to the team with open arms. The outpouring of donations and support from the NHRA community and fans has been overwhelming and we thank everyone for their support.”

I would suggest that someone from DPM set up a PayPal account to provide an alternative option for collection donations.

I am happy to do this for them if they like. I can be contacted on here by PM and I can provide my contact details privately.

This whole thing is horrible...and sounds very painful! I wish him a speedy recovery!

At the rfc meeting Sunday morning they mentioned concern for possible vision loss in one eye as well.

I emailed Ted at DPM and he said that they are in the process of setting up a PayPal account for people to make donations. He should have more information within a few days.

I will let you all know when I hear more.

I saw something similar happen one year commercial fishing in Alaska. Saw an inch and a half rope snap when one boat was pulling another boat off a sandbar at low tide and the rope came back and hit my friend John in the face. He suffered a concussion, broken nose, severe nausea and a broken eye socket. Tough guy because once he got back on the fishing grounds from being airlifted to Anchorage, he had to recoup on a 36` fishing boat in the Bering Sea. Glad Bazemores guy is alright!

I emailed Ted at DPM and he said that they are in the process of setting up a PayPal account for people to make donations. He should have more information within a few days.

I will let you all know when I hear more.

Everyone, a PayPal account has been set up to accept donations to help Adam and his family meet accumulating medical and living expenses.

To make a donation please CLICK HERE

I read somewhere, I don't remember where, that he'd just had facial recontruction surgery to repair his eye sockets and something else. That he still had another surgery ahead of him to restore eyesight and tear drops.

I think it might have been at DRO but I've got to get going now so I don't have time to look.

I read somewhere, I don't remember where, that he'd just had facial recontruction surgery to repair his eye sockets and something else. That he still had another surgery ahead of him to restore eyesight and tear drops.

I think it might have been at DRO but I've got to get going now so I don't have time to look.

Here is a link to the the latest update on Adam at DRO - ::: Drag Racing Online ::: Columns - Agent 1320 - 9/26/2007

Again, don't forget to make a donation to help Adam through his recovery.

To make a donation please CLICK HERE

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back