Went to first NHRA event (1 Viewer)

moonpies88

Nitro Member
WOW! Amazing!!! I've seen it on tv plenty fo times, knew it would be loud and still flinched like crazy on first run. Stood by track for top fuel final and my whole body was shaking. Just unbelievable! Didn't get to see all the classes run since I was trying to stay out of the sun some.
I'm for sure going to go to another event! I took my gf and her 2 kids (17yr old girl and 14 year old boy) and they both had a blast as well

WOW! Amazing!!! I've seen it on tv plenty fo times, knew it would be loud and still flinched like crazy on first run. Stood by track for top fuel final and my whole body was shaking. Just unbelievable! Didn't get to see all the classes run since I was trying to stay out of the sun some.
I'm for sure going to go to another event! I took my gf and her 2 kids (17yr old girl and 14 year old boy) and they both had a blast as well
It’s amazing, and if your not wearing a hat you can feel every hair on your head shake individually!!

I went to Maple Grove after being away for a few years. I went down to the finish line and got ready with my camera to film video of them streaking past. No, I don’t need ear plugs, I’ve been to many races at E-Town and the Grove before…. My video shows the camera hitting ground as they go by.

The nitro cars , besides getting faster, got exponentially louder in just three seasons. 😵‍💫

Now that you’ve gotten your first sniff of burning nitro, there’s no hope for you now.
You’re going to want more and more.
Indy is coming up. Go there and you’ll be hopelessly hooked and there’s no fighting it.
Oh i can second that statement! My first NHRA race was 2021 in Topeka. Then ended up going to ST Louis that year. Now i try to hit at least two a year if i can. Been to Houston, Vegas, and Dallas too haha

Don't want to get off on a tangent here, but imagine your experience doubled - that's what the sonic experience a 4-wide race (all other issues notwithstanding)

If you have the chance to go to a 4-wide, at least do it once.

Welcome to the club!

Don't want to get off on a tangent here, but imagine your experience doubled - that's what the sonic experience a 4-wide race (all other issues notwithstanding)

If you have the chance to go to a 4-wide, at least do it once.

Welcome to the club!
Def planning a trip to the 4 wides in Vegas. Went to the fall race there in 2022. Curious as to what 4 nitro cars going down the track feels like lol.

Ditto to what Larry said. I can still remember a few races from 1961-62. All those years ago and still as excited to see the cars run as I was back then. I wish I could download my brain with all the memories brought back..... heh

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back