Speedway Children’s Charities Kids Introduced to Drag Racing (1 Viewer)

[coverattach=1]Las Vegas, Nev. – A group of 25 children whom the Speedway Children’s Charities supports annually through grants were welcomed by Thiel Motorsports and CRX Promotions to the power of NHRA Drag Racing yesterday at “The Strip” at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. The event was held in conjunction with the sponsorship of Thiel’s Top Alcohol Funny Car which is flying the colors of S.C.C. at this year’s NHRA Las Vegas Nationals.

The group began their day with a stroll though the pit area of LVMS, where they met Ed “The Outlaw” Jones, who entertains drag racing fans across the county with his exhibition Jelly Belly sponsored stagecoach wheel stander. They also talked with A/Fuel Dragster driver Johnny Ahten, who is a firefighter in Southern California during the week. The kids then met 18-year old Pro Stock Motorcycle rider Katie Sullivan. “I loved meeting these kids yesterday,” noted the college freshman at California State University in Chico, Calif. “One of the hidden values of our sport is the ability for us drivers to meet and talk with all the fans in our pit area. The smiles on these kids faces absolutely made my day.”

The kids then proceeded to the Thiel Motorsports pit area, where TAFC drivers Brian Thiel and Kenny Buzdas hosted a question and answer period and gave out t-shirt pins and other goodies to all the kids. “Man, this was a cool deal,” said Thiel. “When we asked to run the S.C.C. colors I hoped it would be a successful deal, but when those kids came to our pit area and talked with us it made all the effort worth it.”

The kids then took in their first taste of NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing as they sat in the grandstands at LVMS and watched Sullivan and the other professional category racers attempt to qualify for Sunday’s eliminations. One of the kids, an 8-year old boy named Jared was very impressed with the cars. “These cars were so loud and fast,” he said. “Mr. Thiel said they were gonna be fast, but they were really fast.”

Speedway Children’s Charities new director, Rachel Commeford was overwhelmed with this event. “I have been told drag racers were great people but what these drivers and crew members have done for us is really impressive,” she said. “On behalf of everybody at S.C.C. we would like to thank Mr. Thiel and the CRX Promotions team for everything. We hope this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.”

Attachments

• DSA_0164.JPG
    DSA_0164.JPG
    40.3 KB · Views: 10
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back