Weis' Kaboom! (1 Viewer)

One crew member took a pretty good hit to the leg, and went to the hospital for stitches. Another was cut in several places on his face, but he is OK. We were near this explosion when it happened, and it was EXTREMELY violent. At that moment we feared the worst. The crewmen were VERY lucky!!

Thanks Mark. I didn't realize that more than one crew member was hurt. It was hard to tell what was going on via the TV coverage.

Scott seemed "very" shaken up. Hope all are doing well.

Glad everyone is ok after this incident. This could have been a disaster!

Prepare for a ruling about the number of people in the staging lanes.

Just talk to stevey on the phone, He is the bottom end man and truck driver they showed on TV, He is Fine. Mad as hell and a lttle less hair. but fine. other crew guy Frank the head guy got more hurt part of a head stud went though his foot in the top and out the back ! got hit in the face by parts also, but his foot can;t be good.. He says Dam did't know I could get shot by the car !. PS a flew fans got hit by parts in the stands also.

Saw the same thing a few weeks ago on a top fuel harley, man there was some dazed people after it went off, that nitro is some nasty stuff!!!

Another update: Frank is doing well. His ankle is sore but will heal quickly. The shrapnel went clean through with no serious damage. His right forearm is pretty red, but he is in good spirits. Steve is okay too, also slightly burned and scraped up, and in his usual good spirits.
We all were VERY lucky.
Thank you for your support and good wishes.

I am glad to hear that everyone is going to be alright. I was in the stands on the starting line when it occurred and the explosion caused me to almost have a heart attack. I was paying attention to the cars on the track and certainly wasn't expecting to hear a bomb go off. This same thing happened a few years ago in Reading to Doug Kalitta in the first round, but it wasn't as bad as Scott's incident.

Another update: Frank is doing well. His ankle is sore but will heal quickly. The shrapnel went clean through with no serious damage. His right forearm is pretty red, but he is in good spirits. Steve is okay too, also slightly burned and scraped up, and in his usual good spirits.
We all were VERY lucky.

Pattti, thank you very much for the update. Glad all came through as well as they did. Also, this fan would like to thank you for your past sponsorship of Terry Haddock's team. Your support was very much appreciated. Best of luck for the rest of the year.

We all were VERY lucky.

Patti
It was nice meeting you this weekend and I'm glad everyone is OK.
Semper Fidelis
De Vallion "D" Piper

We were sitting in TEC 4 rows from the top. A guy behind us sitting in the last row got hit in the side. He had a pretty good scratch and a welt. Security came and took him to get checked out. HE ended up coming back with parts that Wiess gave him.

Just thought I'd let you all know that we have discovered the reason for the explosion (it also directly relates to some other issues we've been having) and it had absolutely nothing to do with crew error. We will be implementing new procedures to insure this never happens again. It appears other teams had already figured this out and were quick to tell us later Sunday.
Again, thank you all for the kind words and support.
The Barrett Enterprises/ Carpenters Union Dragster will be back better than ever!

The Barrett Enterprises/ Carpenters Union Dragster will be back better than ever!

Thanks for the info Patti. Gotta tell you that every weekend there is a race and I am on the computer looking at qualifying/elimination results, my wife sticks her head in the room to ask how Scott is doing. The time he spends with his fans at the last few races we have attended made a big impression on her (me, too). You are a cool group of people and we hope to see you going some rounds again soon.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back