Brian Weis (2 Viewers)

I was wondering the same thing............. and when is Scott going to debut in the Griffin car?

That is too bad. I thought I read that Griffin partnered up with the Carrier boyz. Seems Wes could tune both cars ala Lee Beard and get more data.

Word on the steets is scott weis is going back and drive the family car. and scott griffin crew quit because he did't pay them on time. I hear he bought cory mac team. also. good to see Lance Larson doing good with the morgan car..seems like a real good guy. sounds like griffin is a rich kid with too much money and has no repect for others. IMO

I have heard as well that Scott will be back out with the family car.
I was hoping that Brian would advise which race would be their first. It would be pretty tight to put everything back together and be ready for Gainesville.
I hope soon, I sure miss Wayne. :)

Dionne

So whats the odds on griffin giving up the money Bill and patti gave him ?
I am ready not happy about this deal.It would be a great team for scott weis.
Something He realy Hoped for. He is a great guy. I am gald him and the family could get something back together :)...If there is anything I can help with.please let me know...

It's great that Scott will have the family car back out this season, but it sucks the way the whole deal with Griffin fell apart. Scott Weis is a diplomatic guy, but I am guessing he and the family and the Barretts are pi$$ed. I would be. Scott, if you read this, the wife and I (especially the wife :) ) will miss you at Gainesville, but hope to see you at a race later in the season. Best of luck to some really awesome people.

Scott Weis ....NHRA article

Man, this really bums me out...Scott just can't get the break he needs.He has done so much on a shoe string budget and thought this year was going to be different....The guy can drive..no question. I hope he can regroup. He's not a quitter...He's personable., always takes the time to talk to the fans, even under adverse conditions..Hang in ther Scott !

Scott Griffin is a top notch person who is not some rich kid. He has done very well for himself and works very hard. He is self-made and is a huge contributor to fuel drag racing....
One little press release and you guys freak.....

Scott Griffin is a top notch person who is not some rich kid. He has done very well for himself and works very hard. He is self-made and is a huge contributor to fuel drag racing....
One little press release and you guys freak.....

Terry,

I'm not sure anyone 'freaked' as you put it. Sure, Jamie seems a little peeved at the situation, but given the information on the surface it's at least partially understandable. I don't know Scott Griffin, nor would I pass judgement on him. But ya gotta admit, this went from being an awesome deal for not only Scott Weis, but also Cory Mac, to a complete mess - seemingly overnight. And if Scott is the stand-up guy you suggest then I'm quite sure he'll return the money he received from the Barrett's and that will be a non-issue.

The only start-up from relative scratch type o' guy in the current era of drag racing that I can think to compare him too would be Peter Lehman, though I'm sure there are others. Peter never got himself into this type of situation and actually built an empire that not only profited, but that people thoroughly enjoyed working for. Again, on the surface this should be the model folks use when deciding how to start a professional race team...

I hope everyone gets back on their respective feet and all parties are able to compete at the highest levels again soon. In the end it's our loss as fans almost as much as it is for Scott & his team/family - though they clearly lost more financially then we did and that's truly regrettable.

based on what the nhra.com article says, i'm waiting for the
Lance Larsen bashers.
Let's see:
- the J. Walsh/Berstein move has some vowing
to never drink budweiser or monster again.
- we've got the 'evil empire' umbrella
- we've got the john force juggernaut
- might as well despise the Lucas/Knoll team now too?:eek:

Mike Larson
This thread was regarding Scott Weis not a Lance Larsen bash. There was no reason to even suggest that in this thread. If you would like to discuss that start a new thread. Don't use this one.

Good luck Scott and Weis Family. We will be in Houston and hope to see you there.

Thanks!
Dionne

i do not dislike any team whatsoever within the sport of drag racing,
including the weis family; let me rephrase that; most notably the likes
of the weis family and other independent teams.
i apologize if my post came off the wrong way - what i was trying to point
out is that this recent move is similar to another that garnered a lot
of negative comments.
i most certainly wish only the best of luck to both the weis family and
scott griffin.
again - my apologies if my post was misinterpreted or in the wrong thread.

Okay, y'all need to stop being upset, now. Everything's GOOD. Scott will be back soon. We'll be just fine. Just a minor setback.

Thanks for all the great thoughts and words.

Best Regards,

Patti Barrett

Thanks Patti , this is good news.We drag race fans are loyal to our drivers for sure. We hope the best for all.. Just miss seeing a hard working guy like Scott not out on the circuit. Please let him know he still has a great fan base. Hope to see him soon going down that quarter mile !:D

Patti,
I look forward to seeing the Barrett Enterprises car out soon.
If there is anything we can do let us know.

Thanks!
Dionne

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back