Warren Johnson (1 Viewer)

nitro-trucker

Nitro Member
Again WJ fails to give any credit to Greg Anderson. even after Greg has said Warren was a big influince in his success. Read artilce on NHRA.COM. Warren mentions few poeple who helped him but no Greg.

Whats new? Warren never gives Greg any cudo's whatsoever. He never will. Yet GA, whom alot of people cant stand for some reason, always gives Warren praise for his success. I know a bunch of you think that GA is a fake, but if you watched the Richmond race on ESPN you could see he was truly happy (disbelief a little too!) for Jason. All you would have to do is spend a few minutes talking to the guy and you would see that.

Again WJ fails to give any credit to Greg Anderson. even after Greg has said Warren was a big influince in his success. Read artilce on NHRA.COM. Warren mentions few poeple who helped him but no Greg.
Very Belichick/Mangini like. The mentor dissing the protege. Who knows what went on behind closed doors?

Greg is a winner! Anyone who attempts to dispute that is foolish at best. He's assembled the #1 team possibly in all of motor sports given their track record. Greg has given credit to WJ for sharing his knowledge on many occasions. WJ on the other hand has had numerous employees come and go over the years. Some have stayed for the long haul and others have hit and run, so to speak but I'm not sure WJ owes a giant debt of gratitude to Greg beyond his paychecks and friendship. From all I know of WJ, I doubt Greg contributed valuable information to get him to the next level although WJ surely did provide Greg with a mindful beyond his salary during his formidable years growing up in WJ's shop.

The two are quite different in their attitudes & interviews as well as their methodology. WJ is far more personally hands on for everything and Greg depends upon a well oiled machine with the likes of Jason, Rob and Jeff making calls. They have both worked for each of them over the years so I'm not sure one's the right way.

It's clear that many here have little or no love for WJ and I"m not the least bit surprised by the comments in this thread and the feelings expressed. I have yet to see a thread about WJ on the Mater without the proverbial blow below the belt and I've even come to expect it from a few here. It doesn't mean he's a bad person. Just different from Greg. Personally if I had only one brain in Pro Stock to download I'd take WJ's every day and twice on Sunday.

Greg is a winner! Anyone who attempts to dispute that is foolish at best. He's assembled the #1 team possibly in all of motor sports given their track record. Greg has given credit to WJ for sharing his knowledge on many occasions. WJ on the other hand has had numerous employees come and go over the years. Some have stayed for the long haul and others have hit and run, so to speak but I'm not sure WJ owes a giant debt of gratitude to Greg beyond his paychecks and friendship. From all I know of WJ, I doubt Greg contributed valuable information to get him to the next level although WJ surely did provide Greg with a mindful beyond his salary during his formidable years growing up in WJ's shop.

The two are quite different in their attitudes & interviews as well as their methodology. WJ is far more personally hands on for everything and Greg depends upon a well oiled machine with the likes of Jason, Rob and Jeff making calls. They have both worked for each of them over the years so I'm not sure one's the right way.

It's clear that many here have little or no love for WJ and I"m not the least bit surprised by the comments in this thread and the feelings expressed. I have yet to see a thread about WJ on the Mater without the proverbial blow below the belt and I've even come to expect it from a few here. It doesn't mean he's a bad person. Just different from Greg. Personally if I had only one brain in Pro Stock to download I'd take WJ's every day and twice on Sunday.

VERY WELL SAID!!!!!!!!

excellent post i cant agree more. greg is a class act and a great racer. w.j needs to lighten up and give greg credit!!!

It really does bother me to hear Greg referred to as silver spoon racer etc. Here's a guy who not only has worked hard to get where he is at, but to the average fan, remains accessable and friendly. In his dealings with the media, I feel he reps the sport in a very professional demeanor. Confident, yes, but that confidence is well earned in my opinion.
Granted, he worked for WJ, so what? He worked his way up to be crew chief, did he not? Does anyone feel that WJ kept him around cause he felt sorry for him, hardly. He was where he was, because of his talent, work ethic, and VALUE to WJ.
You always hear some smug racer mouthin off about "If I had a million dollar sponsor, I could win a World Championship, no problem!!) I tend to dissagree with that, Iv'e seen to many of them regardless of their resources, still come up losers, in more ways than one.
Greg, though hard work and talent HAS landed in a great financial situation, and has produced results for the investment. Good for him.
Whether WJ acknowledges Greg at this point, it would be nice, but in the overall picture, I think his lack kudo's speaks volumes.

WJ is an interesting guy. He's often accused of lacking a sense of humor. Quite to the contrary, his sense of humor is so droll it's sometimes missed by others. He's not a slapstick guy. His observations are wry and pithy.
He's also deservedly called "The Professor."
Greg Anderson is a good guy who has found a way that works for him. I understand the dilemma he has dealing with WJ. I once worked for a boss like Warren. I told him,"People like me understand people like you; but people like you will never understand people like me."
I just wish I could do "humble" as well as Greg.
Cheers,
Ed

OK, so we discover WJ is not the warm fuzzy type. Wow. What a revelation.:rolleyes:

Call me when you have some news.

I'd like to agree but you cannot see the light teal letters on the white background, it's like looking for an egg in a snowstorm.
Sorry Kelly,
Every screen I've seen the new Mater on is black and the cyan color is very legible. I don't know how yours got a white background.

Have any of you ever thought this is WJ's way of playing mind games? Nobody remembers when GA unloaded on WJ in Dragster do they? It's always WJ's fault right? who cares if he recognizes GA or not? Nobody knows about GA bashing WJ on the radio around the G'ville race do they? I'm convinced that how someone feels about WJ revolves around if they like him or not. I'm like Bobby,WJ gave him his due when he paid him.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back