Wanna see my new quilt? (1 Viewer)

merc49

Nitro Member
So, one day I was looking through my gazillion old t-shirts, thinking I could throw out about 50, and still have 50 left over.

"BUT THEY ARE GOOD" I yelled to myself!

That's when I picked up my Blaine Johnson Memorial shirt, never been worn. No way could I throw that out. No way are my kids or grandkids going to have the same feelings for it that I have had.

Then it struck me-"I wonder if someone could make a quilt of them?"

I knew just who to ask. The answer was yes. And the result is breathtaking! Now I s'pose the kids and grand kids all want the quilt in the will!

Anyway, enough drooling, take a look at my quilt!

(The quilt does have lots of drag racing stuff, but there's some other racing stuff and a lot of car show stuff too. Really, I've loved anything with wheels since I was 2!)

Have fun- Bob

So, one day I was looking through my gazillion old t-shirts, thinking I could throw out about 50, and still have 50 left over.

"BUT THEY ARE GOOD" I yelled to myself!

That's when I picked up my Blaine Johnson Memorial shirt, never been worn. No way could I throw that out. No way are my kids or grandkids going to have the same feelings for it that I have had.

Then it struck me-"I wonder if someone could make a quilt of them?"

I knew just who to ask. The answer was yes. And the result is breathtaking! Now I s'pose the kids and grand kids all want the quilt in the will!

Anyway, enough drooling, take a look at my quilt!

(The quilt does have lots of drag racing stuff, but there's some other racing stuff and a lot of car show stuff too. Really, I've loved anything with wheels since I was 2!)

Have fun- Bob

Wow... I mean WOW...
Great Bob... maybe someday, you can make sure it goes to DRAW?
Just an Idea

Karl

My mom makes quilts all the time. When I was in high school way back in the 1990s I played basketball and baseball and we were always getting T-shirts for this camp or that tournament, district this or region that and my Mom made me a T-shirt quilt out of all of those shirts ... she liked it so much ... she still has it ... says I can have it when I am "older and will take care of it". I AM 35 LOL.

PS Spectacular quilt Bob!

Last edited:
Chris, you're still a kid...
wait a second, guys never grow up... I'll always have Toys...
some I guess mid-fifties is still a kid...

Bob, Have you grown up yet?

d'kid

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back