Steve Torrence gave me the shirt off his back! (1 Viewer)

rocketman

Nitro Member
We are doing an indoor car show on January 31 for a little girl with a brain tumor living with her mom in the back of a house full of college students, which is probably not the best place for a little girl in such a condition to live.

Anyway, while at Pomona I asked Steve Torrence if he could donate one of the crew shirts for a silent auction. Seeing that everything in the trailer was packed away, he just took off the crew shirt he was wearing, signed it and gave it to me. Now that was class. I also, got Stephen Percy to sign a CD too.

We are looking for more stuff so if you have shirts and stuff you no longer need, feel free to send them out way and we'll turn those into money for this little girl. Also, any racer or fan wanting to show their car feel free to email me too and we'll get you in.

Thanks
Rich Bailey
ProMotion Motorsports
4826 Chan St.
Salem OR 97306
503-370-9164

Last edited:
Hey everyone, I know I bug you guys with these requests from time to time but its the only way I known to raise a little money to impact someone's life that is on a tough and difficult road. Because of your past donations and the efforts of others that get involved in these shows, we have raised over 50,000 dollars and all that money has gone to those that we did the shows for. So far everyone of these shows have been successful and we haven't had a bust yet. Knock on wood.

The silent auction items such as old team uniforms, outdated sponsor related items you can no longer sell, diecast cars and signed hats really make the differnce in raising these funds so if you have anything laying around all you will be out moneywise is some postage. One time Doug Herbert Racing donated 3 boxes of stuff. The Kalitta Team has also been generous. And our own Jim Young has donated printing more than once.

And if there are any northwest maters out there that can come to the show please do gas is cheep once again. If there are any racers willing to bring their car, please let me know so I can reserve a space for you by calling me at 503-370-9164 or emailing me here. You will be glad you did. Otherwise, you can check in on the progress of the show by going to Capitol Racing

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back