VPRC -Is this another company gone??? (1 Viewer)

none

Nitro Member
I keep hearing that Vanishing Point Race Cars is gone. The web site is down and on other boards they say no one is answering the phone. The hits just keep on coming. Sad.

Some of the absolute best Pro Mods of all time came out of that shop. Really sad to see. Fortuneately, I hear some of the top fabricators there have moved on to other shops.

You know many are speaking about the worst being over, I think not. We just forecasted a 16% loss in 2010 over 2009. Hold on to your hats, the worst is yet to come!

You know many are speaking about the worst being over, I think not. We just forecasted a 16% loss in 2010 over 2009. Hold on to your hats, the worst is yet to come!

As long as the weasles rule the throne, we're doomed. Sorry to hear about Vanishing Point! Another unacceptable loss!

As long as the weasles rule the throne, we're doomed. Sorry to hear about Vanishing Point! Another unacceptable loss!
Not so unacceptable if the owner was ripping off customers.

JUST IN*** Major news about VP Race Cars - Yellow Bullet Forums

Earlier this year mountainmotorman on Yellowbullet took him to court and got a settlement against VPRC. Jim's wife, Proud VPRC Girl, was on Yellowbullet before that defending her husband...and continued to defend him until he lost in court to mountainmotorman. She hasn't posted since the VPRC being closed rumors started being posted a couple weeks back, even though she's logged in a few times. A few others on yellowbullet have said they've been ripped off by VPRC. She's not defending VPRC like she used to, I wonder what's changed? ;) Yellow Bullet Forums

Last edited:
Not so unacceptable if the owner was ripping off customers.

JUST IN*** Major news about VP Race Cars - Yellow Bullet Forums

Earlier this year mountainmotorman on Yellowbullet took him to court and got a settlement against VPRC. Jim's wife, Proud VPRC Girl, was on Yellowbullet before that defending her husband...and continued to defend him until he lost in court to mountainmotorman. She hasn't posted since the VPRC being closed rumors started being posted a couple weeks back, even though she's logged in a few times. A few others on yellowbullet have said they've been ripped off by VPRC. She's not defending VPRC like she used to, I wonder what's changed? ;) Yellow Bullet Forums

Brent, you never cease to amaze me. You better check with every Vanishing Point customer before making a judgment call from only one. They couldn't, shouldn't and absolutely wouldn't have stayed in business for as many years as they have without making the majority happy. When you own your own company and leave absolutely every customer happy for life, you have entered "wonderland." There's always some customers that couldn't be pleased - no matter what you did and they'll call you more than just names and claim more than injustice. Get a consensus from 200 customers before making such judgments.

Only one? Did you bother to click and read the links I posted? Obviously not. When you've got several people on just one forum claiming that Jim Geese ripped them off then something is wrong, and I'm betting it's VPRC. He may have done good business for many years, that doesn't mean he couldn't have changed recently and been ripping off people, which is what several are claiming. When somebody from the Pennsylvania Attorney General's office is making a list of people that you've ripped off then you've probably got big problems coming your way.

Hear is one I heard at the CHRR: Apparently Renegade Raceway in Yakima WA is shutting down as well. Not sure if this one is related to the economy.

Only one? Did you bother to click and read the links I posted? Obviously not. When you've got several people on just one forum claiming that Jim Geese ripped them off then something is wrong, and I'm betting it's VPRC. He may have done good business for many years, that doesn't mean he couldn't have changed recently and been ripping off people, which is what several are claiming. When somebody from the Pennsylvania Attorney General's office is making a list of people that you've ripped off then you've probably got big problems coming your way.

Ever hear about the glass being half full or empty depending upon your optimistic or pessimistic attitude? It sure applies here.

Yeah, like they have more unsatisfied customers after years and years in business than the few you mention that have ganged up on a business in bad times? You'll believe what you want despite what I say. I'll just focus on a very successful business operation with a myriad of happy customers over the span of many years rather than focus on a few unsatisfied ones. Without all those satisfied customers, they wouldn't have lasted three months in business. Excuse me while I sip from the half-full glass here.

We have an engine customer that was having a car build by them. They managed to ask (and take) $10k from him one week before the door shut. Not good.:mad:

Ever hear about the glass being half full or empty depending upon your optimistic or pessimistic attitude? It sure applies here.

Sorry Bobby on this one you are wrong. Something changed big time at VPRC in the last year. I have a friend (Pro Mod Car) who had a lot of work done by them over many years and never had a issue. (Happy Customer). But things have gone wrong in a big way in the last 6 months and many customers have been left holding the bag. Just like Evan Knoll the true will come out over time.

Sorry Bobby on this one you are wrong. Something changed big time at VPRC in the last year. I have a friend (Pro Mod Car) who had a lot of work done by them over many years and never had a issue. (Happy Customer). But things have gone wrong in a big way in the last 6 months and many customers have been left holding the bag. Just like Evan Knoll the true will come out over time.

What a shame! They built a lot of very nice cars for a lot of years. Sorry to hear this.

What a shame! They built a lot of very nice cars for a lot of years. Sorry to hear this.
I think you owe me an apology. I sure as **** didn't make up all those posts on Yellowbullet, I just read quite a few of them in a short amount of time which, to me, indicates a serious problem. You can do a search over there for Vanishing Point or VPRC and the few posts that showed up until about a year ago were great. The recent search results in the past 9 months or so have been mostly bad posts. Something has changed, no?

I think you owe me an apology. I sure as **** didn't make up all those posts on Yellowbullet, I just read quite a few of them in a short amount of time which, to me, indicates a serious problem. You can do a search over there for Vanishing Point or VPRC and the few posts that showed up until about a year ago were great. The recent search results in the past 9 months or so have been mostly bad posts. Something has changed, no?

You apologize to me for the first decade+ of good business and I'll openly say I'm sorry for not knowing about changes that turned the place into less of an organization. Any business owner knows that every year you stay in business is a victory. They have many many good years.
The real problem is it takes a lifetime to build a reputation and it only takes a moment to ruin it. You and I are very very very different. I'll choose to focus on all the good they did while you jump on the VPRC haters bandwagon with a few customers who got burned completely forgetting about the thousands who were pleased. No Brent, I'm not like you.

It is sad, but the current ecomomy is probably the real problem. The nice cars they built were not inexpensive and the funding isn't there as much as in previous years. Good luck to the employees, hoping they find work again.

Rick

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back