Virgil and Richard Hartman (1 Viewer)

swervin

Nitro Member
I spoke to Richard and Virgil Hartman today at the Funny Car Reunion at Englishtown. I mentioned that thanks to Jerrod and Jim Jannard there is a new attitude(and sign up procedure) at the Mater and asked them to come back.

Bob

Last edited:
Same here. Virgil was great for answering technical questions in a way everyone could understand.

Virgil is one of the total class acts in drag racing. I hope he is really having fun with his new endeavor, and hope he returns to the site here.

I spoke to Richard and Virgil Hartman today at the Funny Car Reunion at Englishtown. I mentioned that thanks to Jerrod and Jim Jannard there is a new attitude(and sign up procedure) at the Mater and asked them to come back.

Bob

Too funny. I saw him between rounds and asked him the same thing. His team did a really nice job in the heat yesterday too.

Off topic - somebody needs to remind Rob Bruce that there is no drafting in drag racing. :eek: :D

COOL! They're good people. Back in Dallas when Rich had his crash & burn years ago, I was actually working at the airline that he (unexpectedly) flew back home on. I checked him in for the flight. He was pretty greatful to have a "fan" there taking care of him. I upgraded him to First Class for free and made sure the seat next to him stayed empty so he could stretch out.... he was in alot of pain & his arm was pretty tore up and I imagined he woulda' went berzerk if someone accidentally bumped it!

and I still say Richard should be driving !

Virgil posts quite often over here: http://www.classicfunnycarboard.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi?

Check out his "Nitro Tune Ups" sticky thread that he started in the "classic funny car chat" section for the benefit of newbies getting into nostalgia funny car racing. The guy is nothing but helpful. Who can argue with a thread that's full of nitro tuneups?

I'll be honest. This board was my favorite for the last couple of years but, that one is the first one I usually go to now.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back