Rapid in a N/Funnycar for Virgil Hartman (1 Viewer)

RAPID

Nitro Member
Virgil Hartman has asked me to come drive his Nostalgia Nitro Funnycar in March at Silver Dollar Raceway in Reynolds, Ga. It should be a ton of fun.

That will help make the winter around here shorter as Scott and I won't have the new Nitro Madness AA/FA out until sometime in April.

The car is a 1969 Mustang Mach 1.Here are some shots before the paint. It is at the paint shop now. Should be back at Virgil's next week sometime.

RtfrontsideofVirgils69Mustang.jpg

RightRearViewofVirgils69Mustang.jpg

LeftRearViewofVirgils69Mustang.jpg

Last edited:
Joe, I guess I would go with Newstalgia, although that term makes no sense to me. It is a new car with a new old style body.

Did I mention he told me I couldn't make a roadster out of it?? :D

Rapid

Congrats Randy!

Like one of my crew guys told me- Don't lift till you smell crap or hear glass break! Good luck and be safe!

How cool is that?!!!
Rapid's a cavedweller now:D
So easy, even a caveman can do it!:D

Don't forget to write us a blog about the whole experience will ya?:cool:

congrats on the new gig and speaking of Virgil, it sure would be nice to see another Lady ( Rhonda ) back on the strip battling it out with the other Gals Mel and Hillary !!

jf

Thanks everyone. Yeah, I am pretty sure this will make it into a "What I did last weekend" story! ;)

Don't get too carried away with me being a fiberglass "Cave Dweller",,,I am just sneaking around behind the enemy lines so to speak. :eek: I am still a AA/FA guy! :D

Rapid

Joe, I guess I would go with Newstalgia, although that term makes no sense to me. It is a new car with a new old style body.

Did I mention he told me I couldn't make a roadster out of it?? :D

Rapid

Rabid (Had to!, lol) The Newstagia term comes from some(?) of these nostalgia cars running Modern Motor combo's, Blowers, Mags, etc....

That's cool Randy. AA/FA is the best and baddest ever, but I would guess that nostalgia funny car would be a close second. Conratulations.

Sure I will post them as soon as I get some. I think it will be painted and back to Virgil's next week. I am sure he will send me some. :)

Thanks again for all the kind words. I think it is going to be a lot of fun. I have been lucky enough to work with Virgil on the top fuel team when John drove. Rhonda drove at Cordova last year. I got to meet Richard at Pri. They are a great family of racers, and fun people to hang around.

Rapid

Jason, I get skaaared when the motor starts anyway and just shut my eyes,,,so having the body down shouldn't be a problem as I will never know! :D

Thanks Fred,,I appreciate it.

Rapid

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back