Video of fuel flow through cylinder? (1 Viewer)

Ponyhntr

Nitro Member
I think it's been posted here before, but I can't find it.

Does anybody have the video of the display that is in the NHRA Museum that shows what the fuel flow looks like in a Top Fuel engine? There are some guys at work that I would like to show.

Thanks!

Don't know about what you are specifically asking for, but I seem to remember a tv segment ((Diamond P?) showing fuel flow using some shower heads as an illustration. Perhaps with Big?

Quite impressive, and think they were using smaller pumps at the time.

Maybe someone has the vid...

No video but I did find two pictures....

Off
fp.jpg

On
fp2.jpg

I just took two videos of them over Labor Day weekend, but for some reason I cant get webshots to upload:mad:. I'll try my wife's computer later tonight. If that won't work, would someone be willing to host them for me?

I just took two videos of them over Labor Day weekend, but for some reason I cant get webshots to upload:mad:. I'll try my wife's computer later tonight. If that won't work, would someone be willing to host them for me?

I'll be happy to host them for you, let me know..

Is this what your looking for? That is one fast camera.:)

in cylinder video

Awesome.
Is the exhaust valve spinning?
Wonder how they made the vid.

That's just one nozzle? Wow!

Somewhere along the way I heard the head nozzles flow about 70% of the total volume, the port nozzles 20%, and the injector/hat nozzles 10%.
Anyone know if that's more or less true?

What part of the museum is that display located? Been there but did not see it. Going back for the finals, want to see it in person.

Last edited:
Here you go Joshua :
Fuel Pump Demo 1

Fuel Pump Demo 2

Thanks for the offer Brian. For some reason webshots does not like my firewall, lately every time I try to upload something there, I end up having to use my wife's computer.

Paul, it's down in the "feature area" (turn right after you enter and go all the way down) against the back wall. Right now they're doing a feature of George Barris and about 6 custom cars he's done. I took my father-in-law to the museum earlier this month and he just loved the place, kinda took him back to his younger days when he used to run at the Santa Ana Drags. See ya' at the Finals!

Peace,
NHRAMike

Thanx Mike, great vid.

Yeah man, gonna watch me some comp eliminator.....
especially those bad ass A/A corvettes!

I recall the Diamond P video too. I think it was shown during a tour of Sid Waterman's shop & yes, it was Steve Evans. I wish I had that on video somewhere, it was amazing!

I seem to remember Steve Evans or Dave Mac doing another demo at Indy in the mid 90's where they had a 15 gallon tank of water and an empty one and filled it up in a matter of seconds!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back