The Top Fuel Experience (Video) (1 Viewer)

Over the past two years I have had the amazing opportunity of being a part of an NHRA Top Fuel Dragster pit crew. I joined Pat Dakin and the Commercial Metal Fabricators team midway through the 2011 season as a Clutch Assistant and I slowly started gathering little bits of footage at each race that I attended during my downtime with the hopes of one day putting together a video that would recap my experiences.

What started out as a small production turned into the largest personal project that I have ever worked on. I put an incredible amount of time and effort into this final piece because I saw it as a rare opportunity to combine drag racing and video production into one to showcase the two hobbies that I'm most passionate about. It is a rare behind the scenes look at the world's fastest type of racing and it is a display of how hours, days, and months of preparation all come down to one moment...the most powerful, surreal 3.8 seconds you could ever imagine.

I hope you'll take a moment to dive into the world of Top Fuel drag racing that I love and see it from my eyes.

-----

Feb 7, 2013 - Sorry guys, per the NHRA rules, I have been asked to take this video down.

Last edited by a moderator:
a.gif

Fantastic!Thank you for compiling all that footage and editing into a great short.

Very nicely done! With the new season a ways off, and snow flying here in NY, I'm sure I'll watch that a few times...

Quality Production! I can tell that took some time in front of the screen to finish. The shot of the rearend coupler was slick.

I gotta say that rivals most movie production studios work. The intro is just amazing and captures the almost majestic qualities of the car, the driver, the team, and even the racetracks. ESPN should be making intros like these for the U.S. Nationals. This is definitely something to be proud about creating because it is simply amazing.

Hi Corey, I'm in the business of producing films, both short, and feature length, so I feel I am qualified to tell you that you've done a great job with this. I can especially appreciate the time spent in editing this piece. If you are not in the business, you could be if you desired to be. BRAVO.

Fantastic work! As the right side motor guy for Strasburgs top fuel car, There is NOTHING that I would rather do.

Wow Cory, you just made a sponsor prospectus video for Pat Dakin, I bet every team wishes they had something like this! Based on the edits, I couldn't imagine how many hours this came from! Or the time it took to edit it, well done!

Wowzers! :eek:

Great job! Anyone new to the sport should be required to see this video. It explains everything.

I'd like to point out that many who put together videos about drag racing never seem to know when to shut the music up and let the cars do the singing. You've figured that part out just fine. :)

Again great job. I'm busy sending links to it to all my buddies now! :D

The top fuel experience indeed!
Thank you Cory for the effort put forth to produce this great video.;)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back