The Top Fuel Experience (Video) (1 Viewer)

Nicely done, Corey... Excellent production work (loved the gladiator soundtrack in the lanes). I would love to link that to my Facebook page- lots of my non-racing friends would dig your work.

Nicely done, Corey... Excellent production work (loved the gladiator soundtrack in the lanes). I would love to link that to my Facebook page- lots of my non-racing friends would dig your work.

Absolutely, Martin...throw it wherever you want. This isn't a commercial piece by any means, just a fun project I put together for myself and for fellow drag racing enthusiasts.

Wow. I have got to give you props. This is probably The Coolest promotional video I have ever seen, and I will probably show this to many other people to help illustrate what it is that we do, even though it's not of our team. Wow. Very nice job. Can't wait til we can find someone to put together something for us; if we could get something even half as cool as this it would be a huge asset for our team!

Very nice work, I to loved the shot of the coupler and drive shaft during the warmup, also the incar during the run, just like driving one. very nice ...LF

Corey Michalek you did a great job! What a wonderful collage of moving images. Clear and mesmerizing. Once I quit commenting to myself about the quality (viewing online videos, even Netflix can be a train wreck for a videophile) I just let it wash over me. What a ride!

I'm curious if you have a manual focus and a makeshift dolly setup (if so, great focus pulls) or the dolly shots were done through your digital editor? Smooth is hard to do, I almost imagined you with a stabilizer attached to the camera. (did you happen to make your own steady-cam?) Either way, well done!

Great stuff Corey. Thanks for sharing with the whole drag racing community. Free stuff often comes with the "you get what you pay for" adage, but this was one of the best freebies in a loooong time.

Corey Michalek you did a great job! What a wonderful collage of moving images. Clear and mesmerizing. Once I quit commenting to myself about the quality (viewing online videos, even Netflix can be a train wreck for a videophile) I just let it wash over me. What a ride!

I'm curious if you have a manual focus and a makeshift dolly setup (if so, great focus pulls) or the dolly shots were done through your digital editor? Smooth is hard to do, I almost imagined you with a stabilizer attached to the camera. (did you happen to make your own steady-cam?) Either way, well done!

Great stuff Corey. Thanks for sharing with the whole drag racing community. Free stuff often comes with the "you get what you pay for" adage, but this was one of the best freebies in a loooong time.

Thanks, Kevin! I appreciate you taking the time to watch and comment. I really wish that I could house the Blu-Ray quality version online somewhere...it looks unreal compared to what's on Vimeo.

There was a lot of work done in After Effects to smooth everything out a little bit, but I used a Glidecam (MUCH cheaper, but still effective alternative to a Steady-Cam) to get a really good starting point on many of the shots. And everything in video that wasn't shot on a GoPro or the ReplayXD was manually focused.

Excellent video!

I hope you gave NHRA their money, don't want to hear them whine about their cut. :rolleyes:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back