Venables Breaks Silence (1 Viewer)

What!? No mud-slinging!!?? 2 adults behaving with a little class? What is this world coming to?

Wish everybody behaved like that.

Venebles is a class act. You get a sense of calm reading that article. Hope things work out for him. Those people at ESPN should be ashamed of themselves, they have turned into such de-generates by pushing any kind of story they can, from pit bike miles to someones job. I am not talking about the guys in the booth. Good luck to you Dickie.

Rick Esparza

In Sonoma it seem to be pretty well known that money was becoming an issue with Tony's team.
He stated that to numerous fans when they asked why "Q" wasn't on the side any more.
It was kind of obvious since he hasn't diplayed Quaker State on the side of the car for quite a few races leading up to Sonoma.

I don't see how anyone can read that article and not come away from it thinking that Dickie is just an outstanding person.

I have always thoughtt he was a good guy.. now I know he is.

Actually, I think this incident shows that both Dickie and Tony are pretty solid folks. Perhaps Tony didn't handle the personnel issue properly, or at least the way Dickie wanted, but it says a lot that neither are trashing the other person. Just two people who disagreed on the way to handle something, and decided to part ways over it. No drama, no bad feelings, just moving on.

In this day of trash talking, screamin/shoutin, name calling, blog blasting, and lawsuit filing, it sure is refreshing for two people to simply agree to disagree. Makes one wish national politics was as professional...

Actually, I think this incident shows that both Dickie and Tony are pretty solid folks. Perhaps Tony didn't handle the personnel issue properly, or at least the way Dickie wanted, but it says a lot that neither are trashing the other person. Just two people who disagreed on the way to handle something, and decided to part ways over it. No drama, no bad feelings, just moving on.

In this day of trash talking, screamin/shoutin, name calling, blog blasting, and lawsuit filing, it sure is refreshing for two people to simply agree to disagree. Makes one wish national politics was as professional...

Fantastic observation and I agree 100%. I wish Dickie and Tony both luck in their future endeavors and I hope that they are both sincere in their wishes for their friendship to survive this bump in the road.

Agreed. Two people who are extremely good at their chosen profession who agree to disagree and can carry on without any hard feelings - at least none that are made public. An outstanding example of how to carry oneself. Who said there were no role models in Drag Racing?

Wishing for that type of behavior in National politics might be asking a wee bit too much though, unfortunately.

Pro nitro racing is a small community...things have their way of coming full circle...there is never a real good reason to get into pissing matches with guys who you will cross paths with again.....they both played this perfectly...

Pro nitro racing is a small community...things have their way of coming full circle...there is never a real good reason to get into pissing matches with guys who you will cross paths with again.....

Exactly. For evidence, what is Whit Bazemore doing these days? :eek:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back