VEGAS Fuel - MAx (1 Viewer)

ry%3D320

FOUND A NEW FAV. DRINK THIS WEEKEND..............

sorry Tom, sucralose is aspartame, original name for aspartame way back when they first started to make it, do not take my word for this, google it and see all the other names that they try to fool us with, also splenda.
I don't believe this is correct, see below.

From Wikipedia:

Sucralose is an artificial sweetener originally sold under the trade name Splenda, but now also supplied by a variety of manufacturers under various brand names. In the European Union, it is also known under the E number (additive code) E955. Sucralose is approximately 600 times as sweet as sucrose (table sugar),[2] twice as sweet as saccharin, and four times as sweet as aspartame. Unlike aspartame, it is stable under heat and over a broad range of pH conditions and can be used in baking or in products that require a longer shelf life. Sucralose also does not promote tooth decay.[3] Since its U.S. introduction in 1999, sucralose has overtaken Equal in the $1.5 billion artificial sweetener market, holding a 62% market share.[4] According to market research firm IRI, as reported in the Wall Street Journal, Splenda sold $212 million in 2006 in the U.S. while Equal sold $48.7 million.[5]

History

Sucralose was discovered in 1976 by scientists from Tate & Lyle, working with researchers Leslie Hough and Shashikant Phadnis at Queen Elizabeth College (now part of King's College London).[6] The duo were trying to test chlorinated sugars as chemical intermediates. On a late-summer day, Phadnis was told to test the powder. Phadnis thought that Hough asked him to taste it, so he did.[6] He found the compound to be exceptionally sweet (the final formula was 600 times as sweet as sugar). They worked with Tate & Lyle for a year before settling down on the final formula.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Aspartame (or APM) (pronounced /ˈæspɚteɪm/ or /əˈspɑrteɪm/) is the name for an artificial, non-saccharide sweetener, aspartyl-phenylalanine-1-methyl ester; i.e., a methyl ester of the dipeptide of the amino acids aspartic acid and phenylalanine.

This sweetener is marketed under a number of trademark names, including Tropicana Slim, Equal, NutraSweet, and Canderel, and is an ingredient of approximately 6,000 consumer foods and beverages sold worldwide. It is commonly used in diet soft drinks, and is often provided as a table condiment. It is also used in some brands of chewable vitamin supplements and common in many sugar-free chewing gums. However, aspartame is not always suitable for baking because it often breaks down when heated and loses much of its sweetness. In the European Union, it is also known under the E number (additive code) E951. Aspartame is also one of the sugar substitutes used by people with diabetes.

Controversy surrounding aspartame (see aspartame controversy) has arisen due to possible health risks, and consequently aspartame has lost market share to sucralose (Splenda).[2]

Chemistry
Aspartame is the methyl ester of the dipeptide of the natural amino acids L-aspartic acid and L-phenylalanine. Under strongly acidic or alkaline conditions, aspartame may generate methanol by hydrolysis. Under more severe conditions, the peptide bonds are also hydrolyzed, resulting in the free amino acids.[3]

Discovery and approval
Aspartame was discovered in 1965 by James M. Schlatter, a chemist working for G.D. Searle & Company. Schlatter had synthesized aspartame in the course of producing an anti-ulcer drug candidate. He discovered its sweet taste serendipitously when he licked his finger, which had accidentally become contaminated with aspartame.[5]

I am glad that Max and Jane have been able to take on the Vegas Fuel brand and hopefully will be able to continue to grow the brand. I have recieved a lot of questions as to my thoughts about the perception that Max " was stealing my deal" .That is no where near the truth and I really hope Max has found his grimlin' and can now focus on the car instead of the Vegas Fuel issue'. I am sure that if you have tried Vegas Fuel you will agree that it is the best tasting energy drink on the market today.

Jon Capps

What she said! And thanks for clarifying that situation. Come visit us often, Jon, and maybe participate in one of Kelly's thread hi (lo) jacks:D

I know Bill has said it before (this thread or another). The taste of VegasFuel is different than most others. Not everyone is going to like it.
But, as have been seen here, a lot of people do. But as I have seen and David spoke, people at work that are not swayed by who they sponsor or not, really like the stuff.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back