US Nationals (1 Viewer)

DDB

Nitro Member
Any Maters here for the Big Go? My first looking forward to it

I will be there tomorrow through Monday. There's others going like PJ "Pro Countdown" Sapienza, John Rogers, Mark Krogen, and Joe Sherwood.

I will be there tomorrow through Monday. There's others going like PJ "Pro Countdown" Sapienza, John Rogers, Mark Krogen, and Joe Sherwood.
Paul if any of you guys could use a preferred parking pass for Monday let me know, as I won’t be here Monday and have one

Anyone notice Jim Dunn on the starting line? Bless his heart. That guy is a drag racer to the core!
I wonder how many Indy races Dunn has attended during his life.
Instead of relaxing and taking it easy at this stage of his life, he is still campaigning a blown fuel funny car.
The man is a true drag racing icon.

I wonder how many Indy races Dunn has attended during his life.
Instead of relaxing and taking it easy at this stage of his life, he is still campaigning a blown fuel funny car.
The man is a true drag racing icon.
I believe that's what keeps him alive. Just like BIG and Connie, take the reason they get up every morning and they wouldn't last a year.

Anyone notice Jim Dunn on the starting line? Bless his heart. That guy is a drag racer to the core!

I have to admit I cringed when I saw that. 90+ years old, and having to use a walker on the starting line while he oversees the prep on his car just before a run. Man, it would be so easy for him to fall with everything going on during those times.

I wonder if Jon Dunn will still run the team after Jim dies? At that point, they would need a crew chief, but they run on such a low budget that I wouldn't think they could afford one. Maybe they could hire a Ron Tobler-type to just consult, where it wouldn't be a full-time position and therefore more affordable.

Funny Car Q #2 was surprisingly so-so considering the mild temps and how good Q2 was in Top Fuel.

What's going on with Capps parachutes? They came out early again in Q2, just like in Q1.

Paul anyone in your group need a preferred parking pass for Monday?

larry hodge in 2nd SS final in 2 weeks and 1 day ...... and wins the US Nationals!!!!! way to go larry

parachutes on d wilk's car ...... what are the new chute rules for?

Last edited:
does it get any better than Clay, Jim O, and Nicki B holding a US Nationals wally!!!! ....... clay said earlier in year, he'd take any and all
wins in last 7 races of year. I could not be any happier for that entire RWR team. what an effort!!!
going to arbys for lunch tomorrow.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back