Heading to Denver...anybody else going? (1 Viewer)

TSK

Staff member
Nitro Member
This is my first trip to Bandimere and I'm really looking forward to it. My wife and I will be staying in Golden, CO and we'll be taking in the Mopar Big Block party on Thursday.
Plus, this is my first big show since Joliet in 2009. I'm ready to see some good racing.

Yep. The wife and I will be there. Bring your ear plugs, it's painfully loud there as compared to other tracks we've been to. Also, sunscreen is essential. (especially if you have a bald spot like mine)

I know you will enjoy it as much as we do.

We'll probably buy our tickets at the gate and bring Mello Yello cans for the $8 discount. If anyone has some extra tickets for Friday/Sunday, I would certainly buy them.

All the best,
Brett
Enid, OK

Welcome to the Mile High city and to Bandimere, I'm sure you'll have a fun time. Drink lots of water and don't forget the sunscreen (especially if you're sitting on the east side). The forecast is predicting cooler than normal temps (low to mid 80's) and some rain, but that could change quickly. I'll take a little bit of rain and 80's instead of high 90's/low 100's anyway though. The cars don't run as fast obviously because of the altitude but you'll get to see some great racing. The Bandimere track is one of the best prepared tracks in the country. All 1320 feet are concrete, a cooling system under the first 200 or so feet to help keep the track temps down during the dog days of summer, and I believe, Bandimere was the first track to have the track Zamboni machine. In other words, the lanes will be even and the racing close. Plus if it rains, they have their own jet dryer and some other drying machines in addition to what NHRA brings to every track to help minimize downtime.

If you're looking for something to do on Friday morning before heading to the track, you could check out Red Rocks amphitheater which is just west of the track, literally over the mountain.

My wife and I decided to splurge and we bought tickets to the Finish Line Club for Sunday. Plus our seats are in section 1 on the west side. Now if only track side photogs stay out out of the way, I should get some good pictures.
Oh, and I have a nice straw hat I bought in Belize last year, so I'm covered.

My wife and I decided to splurge and we bought tickets to the Finish Line Club for Sunday. Plus our seats are in section 1 on the west side. Now if only track side photogs stay out out of the way, I should get some good pictures.

One of these years I`m going to substitute Seattle or even one of the Pomona races and go to Bandimere. Ain`t happening this year tho....just got our tickets for the race at that glorified KOA campground in lovely Kent, WA Aug. 2-4. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I'll be there, I'm flying in from the Philippines. The angle on the west side stands is outstanding you should be able to get some great shots. It's 5800 feet above sea level so walking up all the stairs can get challenging for folks from the flat lands.

S/F
D

Yep. The wife and I will be there. Bring your ear plugs, it's painfully loud there as compared to other tracks we've been to. Also, sunscreen is essential. (especially if you have a bald spot like mine)

I know you will enjoy it as much as we do.

We'll probably buy our tickets at the gate and bring Mello Yello cans for the $8 discount. If anyone has some extra tickets for Friday/Sunday, I would certainly buy them.

All the best,
Brett
Enid, OK
Hey look, another Okie! Welcome to Nitromater...

I've not made it to Bandimere yet, I seem to always be off one week on either side of it when I head to mountains.

First time in 15 years I won't be going. One thing cool about bandimere is they let you bring a 6pack cooler. So you can bring some water. It's usually very warm. Remember no Alcohol on the west side seating. Have fun!

Last edited:
Wow. What a race. That track is phenomenal. I'm thankful my wife and I were finally able to go.
And I'm glad we sprung for the tickets to the Finish Line club. They really know how to spoil a person.
I hope to post some pictures on Thursday or Friday after we get home from our road trip.
We're heading to the Royal Gorge tomorrow.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back