Two questions, one PS one PM (1 Viewer)

Nemo

Nitro Member
Not sure if I missed the answers to these questions, or what but was watching the coverage from last weekend and they popped in my head.

Who is doing the engine building for Enders program. I know Connelly is the crew chief, but is he also doing the engines (I cant see that he would have the resources to get a engine program up and running that fast.)...also did I hear that Enders is married to Richie Stevens..if so it's like 3 of the up and comers from just a few years ago (Connelly, Stevens, Enders) are all on one "team"...too bad they cant come up with more funding to get a multi car team going.

Next question, why are the turbo pro-mods having so much trouble staging. I know they have to get the motor spooled up to get past the turbo lag and start making power but I thought they were automatics. If they were manuals (and maybe I'm mistaken ad they are) I can see them setting the line lock and bumping them in with the clutch and overshooting....but I thought they were autos so you would think they would just stage and go on the trans-brake like a bracket or super car and be golden......they (Coughing last week, Melany and Burgs the week before).

Thanks for the info....

Cagnazzi's shop does the engines.

The Pro Mods have a tough time staging because it is tough to bring up boost with all the popping and banging going on and stage smoothly. They can vary several hundred HP depending on how much boost they have for the last few inches and that makes modulating the brakes more difficult. I heard they need 12 - 20 lbs of boost before they stage so they can launch without bogging the motor. Rumors of 60 - 90 lbs of boost at max torque.

The amazing car in my mind is Troy Coughlin's ride. That is a small block, not even 400 inches and ran in the 5s.

EE's car is maintained by Victor Cagnazzi. It's the same car that Jeggie drove last year. And Erica and Ritchie are not married, but they are a couple.

Alan

I think the turbo cars are using the transmission brake to stage. It would drive right through the line lock and brakes on the car without the tranny brake.

Thanks for the replys....

No wonder it's so hard to stage if they are trying to keep the RPM's up and hit the t-brake at the same time, my experience has been t-brakes dont like to be activated when the car is above idle. As sharp as all those guys (and gals) are I'm sure they will come up with a better way.

At the Gators, Burgess had issues about creeping at staging. As I understood it it was due to carbon brakes that would not get hot enough to work efficiently.

Regards
PiPPi
http://HarleyDrags.com

Burgess has issues with just about anything. :D:p

Typed by a guy sitting in his parents' basement...

How quick was your last pass, Samuel? Have you ever MADE a pass, in anything?

You can load on all the smilies you want and it still doesn't excuse such a ridiculous statement. I know you're not an adult yet but you really should have known better. Maybe it's time for Dad to give you a time out on the computer.

typed by a guy sitting in his parents' basement...

How quick was your last pass, samuel? Have you ever made a pass, in anything?

You can load on all the smilies you want and it still doesn't excuse such a ridiculous statement. I know you're not an adult yet but you really should have known better. Maybe it's time for dad to give you a time out on the computer.

+1320

Typed by a guy sitting in his parents' basement...

How quick was your last pass, Samuel? Have you ever MADE a pass, in anything?

You can load on all the smilies you want and it still doesn't excuse such a ridiculous statement. I know you're not an adult yet but you really should have known better. Maybe it's time for Dad to give you a time out on the computer.

Other people have called Mr. Burgess' driving into question and nobody says anything, but when I make a statement in jest I get jumped on? :( :mad:

People really need to get a sense of humor. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
People really need to get a sense of humor. :rolleyes:

You think? I'd say the most pressing need here is an intelligent comment - and class. You missed in both areas.

I do know Burgess has contributed millions of his own money (how much was your W2 last year, BTW?) and is a regular player in a 250 mph class. He's made quite a few passes from A to B.

Since the closest relationship you seem to have had with any professional racer is in draping a sweaty arm across their shoulder for an uncomfortable photo, you don't understand that if anyone on his team or racing against him had any doubts they would have been conveyed a long time ago.

I don't think any of them were waiting for Samuel to pass judgement.

Notice: no stupid emoticons attached.

I'm done.

On a side note, I noticed Ritchie Stevens name came up. I thought he would be the next WJ - back at one of my first races I saw an IHRA race up in Norwalk where he was running the Roy Hill's drag racing school car. I got a hero card from that team and had Roy Hill and Ritchie sign it. When I got the card and asked them if they would sign it Roy said sure, we'll even throw in a shirt for free, you just have to buy the card back.... then after a moment of uncomfortable silence, he and several others laughed because they saw I thought he was serious! Great memories!

I think the turbo cars are using the transmission brake to stage. It would drive right through the line lock and brakes on the car without the tranny brake.

If you watch closely to them staging, you'll see the turbo cars actually "skidding" the front tires into the beams, a bit like jet cars do sometimes, to stage. Quite a bit of practice and timing to get in properly and still get the rpms to the proper place and leave on time. On the Bristol broadcast, I saw Melanie really lurch in a couple of times and thought it was a heck of a driving job to get everything sorted out and go and win the round.:cool:

That's because Melanie is one heck of a driver! She can drive anything with wheels.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back