Tuner for Leah (1 Viewer)

My brother was at this race sitting close by to the person that was injured. It wasn’t from a piece of debris from Leah’s car. It was an elderly man that had his hearing aid turned way up and when Leah explosion happened it burst his ear drum.
There were TWO injuries that I saw. One was an older gentleman that was hit in the ear and was bleeding a lot. He was maybe 6 rows in front of us (sec. #23). The Para-Meds took him to the on-site center. The other was a friend of ours and was standing near the fence in the same area about 5 people back from the fence. A valve missed a few people and hit his fore-arm and right side of his body. He was bruised, but otherwise ok.

And how would they know this? Experience maybe? Are you saying neither of these guys have grenaded anything? Oh, wait. They have but it was never even remotely anything to do with what they did or didn't do in the cockpit. :rolleyes:

Experience is exactly what I'm saying. Ease up; I'm not bashing the girl. She's a good driver, a proven winner and I root for her often. But on that boomer pass in Pomona E1, she made a mistake that (very likely) caused the damage. Period. Watch the video of the pass in slo-mo if you doubt what I'm saying. Getting back in the throttle too quickly in a nitro car after it strikes the tires is hazardous to your engine's health. That's taught in Top Fuel 101, Vaughn......

Last edited:
My brother was at this race sitting close by to the person that was injured. It wasn’t from a piece of debris from Leah’s car. It was an elderly man that had his hearing aid turned way up and when Leah explosion happened it burst his ear drum.
Thank you for that. I was just going off what we heard from someone in that area. He was bleeding pretty bad. Scary all around.

428608, member: 481, nickname: Nitrobug"]It was down in front of where we were sitting in section 24. Someone said a piece hit the person in the shoulder. We noticed quite a few people trying to get one of the officials attention and screaming medic! The person was bleeding, and they took him away on a stretcher. Someone must have told Leah as she jumped out of the tow vehicle on the return road and got on a golf cart after they took the person away.[/QUOTE]

Yes we were told on the starting line that parts had gone into the stands and someone was bleeding and needed medical attention.

Last edited:
Will Lester shared this photo last week of the gentleman who was hit by debris. Glad everyone was alright with hopefully no more than a scar and a story to tell.

Will Lester shared this photo last week of the gentleman who was hit by debris. Glad everyone was alright with hopefully no more than a scar and a story to tell.
That is the gentleman we saw on the stretcher.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back