Tuner for Leah (1 Viewer)

Tony

Nitro Member
If Todd Okuhara is going to Tasca's team, who is going to tune for Leah? You could plainly see that Tony Stewart wasn't happy with the lack of results with the TFer. Have I missed something?

If Todd Okuhara is going to Tasca's team, who is going to tune for Leah? You could plainly see that Tony Stewart wasn't happy with the lack of results with the TFer. Have I missed something?
Todd was with Schumacher, so Tasca and Schu basically just swapped crew chiefs. Neil Strausbaugh is chiefing for Leah.

Paul Lee said he's happy with the guys he brought on, he's switching to a 6 disc setup, and will have a consultant to help make that transition.

Probably wasn't happy with every one of her passes costing him about $50,000 in parts, either.... :oops:

That car will run; it qualified with a 3.66. Nothing wrong with that. But something is really inconsistent with that car.

Probably wasn't happy with every one of her passes costing him about $50,000 in parts, either.... :oops:

That car will run; it qualified with a 3.66. Nothing wrong with that. But something is really inconsistent with that car.
Not throwing anyone under the bus - but watch the slow motion of the big blow - up on Sunday. Tires up in smoke, WOT right away, still smoke, and KABOOM!

top fuel is sooooo tough rite now. aside from the actual teams that finished in top 5, you almost have to award a trophy to the teams that did full tour and hurt
the least amount of parts all year. financially speaking, they are the real winners.

Not throwing anyone under the bus - but watch the slow motion of the big blow - up on Sunday. Tires up in smoke, WOT right away, still smoke, and KABOOM!
I saw some posts on social media that some parts and pieces hit some spectators. I don’t believe there was any serious injuries

What are you trying to imply?
It's race day you do what is necessary to get the win, both cars were up in smoke, both cars nuked an engine. There was nothing left of Scott's(Alex) car either, thank to Darrell Russell, cause there was a huge dent in the back of the driver shroud.

I'm no nitro tuner by any stretch of the imagination but I'm told they don't like 10,000 rpm....a likely scenario when you nail the throttle when the tires are blazing. They say experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted, and now Leah has a bit more experience. Either let the car settle down before you ease back into it or click it off. That was an expensive mistake.

I'm no nitro tuner by any stretch of the imagination but I'm told they don't like 10,000 rpm....a likely scenario when you nail the throttle when the tires are blazing. They say experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted, and now Leah has a bit more experience. Either let the car settle down before you ease back into it or click it off. That was an expensive mistake.
Bingo!

What are you trying to imply?
It's race day you do what is necessary to get the win, both cars were up in smoke, both cars nuked an engine. There was nothing left of Scott's(Alex) car either, thank to Darrell Russell, cause there was a huge dent in the back of the driver shroud.
You do indeed, Sean, but there's a way to pedal a fuel dragster to win the round against a tire-smoking competitor and off the throttle/immediately back to full throttle when the tires are on fire ain't it. NO, I certainly couldn't do any better; it's the finals, it's in the heat of the battle and all that. But a Schumacher or a Brown would have known how to ease off, feel the car settling down and known to not just whack the throttle wide open. You have to ease into it.

But a Schumacher or a Brown would have known how to ease off, feel the car settling down and known to not just whack the throttle wide open. You have to ease into it.
And how would they know this? Experience maybe? Are you saying neither of these guys have grenaded anything? Oh, wait. They have but it was never even remotely anything to do with what they did or didn't do in the cockpit. :rolleyes:

I saw some posts on social media that some parts and pieces hit some spectators. I don’t believe there was any serious injuries
It was down in front of where we were sitting in section 24. Someone said a piece hit the person in the shoulder. We noticed quite a few people trying to get one of the officials attention and screaming medic! The person was bleeding, and they took him away on a stretcher. Someone must have told Leah as she jumped out of the tow vehicle on the return road and got on a golf cart after they took the person away.

It was down in front of where we were sitting in section 24. Someone said a piece hit the person in the shoulder. We noticed quite a few people trying to get one of the officials attention and screaming medic! The person was bleeding, and they took him away on a stretcher. Someone must have told Leah as she jumped out of the tow vehicle on the return road and got on a golf cart after they took the person away.
Thanks for filling me in on what happened. I have saw so little about it I wasn’t sure if it was true.

There are times that a spectator will be hit, and on rare occasions, killed. I remember a few years back at Wild Horse, that a slick came off of Antron's car, flew into the handicap section and killed a woman. Also pieces hitting spectators. I think we all have stories about being almost hit by something or being hit by something.

I was at the very top at 1000' and could see Leah come to the medical building below us to check on the injured guy. Classy and compassionate move. One of my shots of the deal attached.

Attachments

• DSC_2090 (2).JPG
    DSC_2090 (2).JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 115
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back