Troy Coughlin Jr resigns (1 Viewer)

Smart move for Troy. How about Chad Head ? Isn't he part of the organization ?
Would they really want another driver with no dragster experience? And remember my post about Jegs money, I'm thinking either someone has to bring some money to replace Jegs, or Connie decides to fund the difference. Or, it gets parked, I sure hope not. Obviously Sealmaster wants to be out there.

I'm not surprised. He's opening the door for his teammate, former champion, an much more experienced top fuel driver, Shawn Langdon.

Now we know that Terry McMillen, Scott Palmer, and Shawn will be in the Countdown since Shawn was the only one with a chance to get into the top ten.

I wonder if Bernstein has any desire to get behind the wheel again? They wanted him when they canned Grubnic, but he was still recovering from back issues that prevented that.
They asked him about driving again on one of the recent broadcasts and it still sounded like he was unsure of his back. I had no idea he was still having so many issues with his back after all of these years.

I wonder if Bernstein has any desire to get behind the wheel again? They wanted him when they canned Grubnic, but he was still recovering from back issues that prevented that.
Talked to Brandon for a while in the pits in Brainerd. He said he had the itch pretty good and that his back was finally back to essentially 100% ....

I'm willing to take it at - pretty much- face value.
Has to be a big man to admit he wasn't ready.
FWIW: Pro-Mod cars seem less well behaved but, Troy seemed to have some issues with the pointy car.
Whether there was a team meeting or not, obviously, he could (and DID) help his team mate. Good for him.

It could be in the genes. Grandpa really struggled with a top fueler and bumped into a few things back in the day.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back