Troy Coughlin Jr resigns (1 Viewer)

I had told others I didn't expect him back next season. Surprised he would stop right now. He never looked like he was enjoying it in any interview.

I had told others I didn't expect him back next season. Surprised he would stop right now. He never looked like he was enjoying it in any interview.
I'm not surprised. He's opening the door for his teammate, former champion, an much more experienced top fuel driver, Shawn Langdon.

It seemed every weekend he reminded us of his nitro inexperience out there and like he was eventually gonna get himself or somebody seriously hurt.

I think a lot of Troy for having the courage to step down. I still think he might do better in a funny car, just because of his Pro Mod experience, but that's my 2 cents. He ran like 275 in outlaw trim in the Pro Mod & that is a short car to run that fast. Whatever class(es) he goes to, I hope he does well.

I commend him for recognizing that the car is ahead of him and doing something about it before he gets into a situation where he or someone else might get hurt. Hope he gets the experience he needs in whatever class he ends up going to. I wonder who they find as a replacement, if it's not to early to speculate?

I say put JR back into the car, if he's not in the ClownDown. See if Del would do a couple races in the DHL car. All this to see if it car or driver.

I'm sure that car is partly funded by Jegs so that may factor into if and when the car returns, and with what driver.

the only thing about this that surprises me is "resigned"....
Maybe Conrad gave him a way out that saves face for all involved (JEGS being a huge racing sponsor)...Grubbie didn't get that kind of break after his trouble

It takes a lot of guts to step down. I hope he's back in TF in the near future and gets the experience he wants in A/fuel to make it happen.

I wonder if Bernstein has any desire to get behind the wheel again? They wanted him when they canned Grubnic, but he was still recovering from back issues that prevented that.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back