Torrence’s “Big” Tribute (1 Viewer)

If I recall Garlits, like Amato, was starting to have retina issues due to the G-forces. Driving could lead to blindness now
I remember a while ago he had problems because of the hit of the parachutes and the negative G's that produced. Then they addressed that with newer design chutes that don't do that as bad.
He then drove Gary Clapshaw's car, his Challenger and his electric cars since. I don't want to see him get injured but we all want to see him race somehow again

don is 88. leave him be. every year he has to do some dog and pony show for the gators. thank goodness for the nhra, he, shirley, and a few others
annually oblige. i just hope he has everything catalogued in his other out buildings in ocala, and the museum to remain open into the future. that place is amazing, surprisingly the second building with non-drag racing stuff. pristine collections, automotive and other, from generations ago. i have to get back there soon.

don is 88. leave him be. every year he has to do some dog and pony show for the gators. thank goodness for the nhra, he, shirley, and a few others
annually oblige. i just hope he has everything catalogued in his other out buildings in ocala, and the museum to remain open into the future. that place is amazing, surprisingly the second building with non-drag racing stuff. pristine collections, automotive and other, from generations ago. i have to get back there soon.
Yes his museum is out of control. I'm pretty sure his grandson will be the one taking the operation over in the future, he's usually with Big at the events he attends now.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back