Salinas honors Blaine Johnson (1 Viewer)

Nunz

Nitro Member
I was watching the livestream from Sonoma last night, and was happily surprised to see an unveiling of the Salinas TF car wrapped in the Johnson Bros. 1996 livery. Blaine won this race in '96, and sadly was his last victory before we lost him. Blaine was my favorite driver, and I was at Indy when it happened. When Salinas came on the scene a few years ago, he quickly became one of my favorites, for many reasons. I was at Indy when he did the Mongoose tribute car, which was absolutely beautiful. And, after seeing him do that, I became an even bigger fan. Well he did it again, and I just think it's extremely cool. I'm sure Cliff and others here can post some links!

bjt1.jpg

1627149280125.png

Last edited:
It is so cool to honor our heros. For Mike to win this race would be frosting on the cake, just like when Steve Torrence had the Garlits car & won with it.

I think Mike ran the Mongoose car well after Indy, it would be awesome if he kept the Johnson tribute going after this weekend. That car looks fantastic!

That car is beautiful and spectacular, I always love when a team does a throwback or tribute paint when they get the actual sponsor from the time period on the car, makes it perfect. I hope they run that paint at Pomona next weekend.

And yes when Salinas ran the Mongoo$e tribute a couple years ago he ran it at every race after Indy.

View attachment 8224

View attachment 8225
How badass and beautiful is that brother? I owe you an email. A call would be better, I am better at that. I've just been in my own little world. Miss ya, and love ya. Let's hope we can see this car in the winners circle tomorrow. 💙💛

Don't trip for a moment Mike. I knew it would blow you away.

I was really hoping that you would simply poke your nose above water and show us a sign of life, or tickle our bobbers. :confused:

Love you back! But, you knew that!!

💙💛 - artsy 🧐

Champions Flight XXV 🦅

Thank you Scrappers. The Blain Johnson car was beautiful. Attention! attention starved "pro" racers. Wrap your car in a classic scheme and get LOTS of eyeballs on you and your car. Not hard to figure this out.

Thank you Scrappers. The Blain Johnson car was beautiful. Attention! attention starved "pro" racers. Wrap your car in a classic scheme and get LOTS of eyeballs on you and your car. Not hard to figure this out.
As cool as that would be, it's not always that easy. In Mike's case, Alan works for him, so not too hard to get that approved, even after the fact. Having said that, seeing more tributes would be really cool, and hats off to the Salinas gang for doing this. I hope they run it for the rest of the year!

Hey anyone notice the Trashman cut some good lights Sunday, Hopefully Mike is getting the hang of it.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back