Never Forget (1 Viewer)

mike

Nitro Member
Seems as the years go on, people (not all) forget about the two champions and great human beings who were tragically taken from us at Indy in 96. Blaine Johnson and Elmer Trett. Like every year when the US Nationals come around, I still remember two of my favorites. RIP.

MV...

John 'Zookeeper" Mulligan... 1969... Passed from burns on the 20th of September...

d'kid

96 I was there and I will never forget...I had got to know Elmer pretty good by then..Was one cool old man..love talking to him..and I have a signed baseball/car card from Blaine...he was running the fuel car when he sign it .But it was a allky/dragster card. and he sign it at indy the year before I believe.

I'm sitting at Indy with my Blaine Johnson memorial shirt on now. I wear it every Indy Saturday (and many other days)

Seems as the years go on, people (not all) forget about the two champions and great human beings who were tragically taken from us at Indy in 96. Blaine Johnson and Elmer Trett. Like every year when the US Nationals come around, I still remember two of my favorites. RIP.

I was there, a weekend I will never forget! Wearing a shirt with Blaine's signature on it from Sonoma and having everyone ask me if he had signed it that day is just another reminder!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back