tornados in Florida (1 Viewer)

big guy

Nitro Member
I hope Big Daddy Dons Museum was spared in the horrible tornados that went through middle Florida this morning.Has anybody heard anything?

The damage was east and a bit south of Big's museum, so they should be ok. Whew! That was uncomfortably close though! :eek:

Just wondering if anybody has heard anything about Al Hofmann and his family? It sounds like it may have come through his area. Let's hope for the best.

Thanks,
Dave

My sister lives in Daytona Beach, and she said it scared the crap out of her. I guess the storm traveled across Volusia County (sp?) over into Lake County where the damage was the worst. But she said she knew something was going on because before the storm ever hit, her Doberman was pacing the floor and acting real weird and stuff. What's worse about it is they only moved out there about 10 days ago, so they're not used to that kind of thing. But they came out unscathed, unlike so many others unfortunately. :(

Last edited:
My sister lives in Daytona Beach, and she said it scared the crap out of her. I guess the storm traveled across Volusia County (sp?) over into Lake County where the damage was the worst. But she said she knew something was going on because before the storm ever hit, her Doberman was pacing the floor and acting real weird and stuff. What's worse about it is they only moved out there about 10 days ago, so they're not used to that kind of thing. But they came out unscathed, unlike so many others unfortunately. :(

Shan,

Daytona Beach is in Volusia County (spelling is correct) and the storm destruction actually started in Sumter County and then traveled East to Lake County and then further East to Volusia as Daytona Beach would be its last stop on the way out into the Atlantic, so you had it backwards. Sumter and Lake County are in the middle of the state and Volusia is a coastal county. The link that Bob Cole provided shows the locations where the destruction was worst and where the deaths occured. Orlando got lucky as it could have come through this area and caused alot more damage and more deaths if the storm had come about 20-30 miles further South than it did.

Shan,

Daytona Beach is in Volusia County (spelling is correct) and the storm destruction actually started in Sumter County and then traveled East to Lake County and then further East to Volusia as Daytona Beach would be its last stop on the way out into the Atlantic, so you had it backwards. Sumter and Lake County are in the middle of the state and Volusia is a coastal county. The link that Bob Cole provided shows the locations where the destruction was worst and where the deaths occured. Orlando got lucky as it could have come through this area and caused alot more damage and more deaths if the storm had come about 20-30 miles further South than it did.

that was the next county over from me

Just wondering if anybody has heard anything about Al Hofmann and his family? It sounds like it may have come through his area. Let's hope for the best.

Thanks,
Dave

He's not into equestrian/polo, is he? There's a polo field about 1/4 mile from my house that's owned by an Al Hoffman. I live in Plant City.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back