Topeka Will Buy Heartland Park Raceway (1 Viewer)

FABMAN

Nitro Member
August 13, 2014 the governing body has decided to buy struggling Heartland Park Raceway. There goal is to continuing revitalizing the facility and surrounding area with bonds with hopes of finding a future buyer. It looks for now they will contine looking for manager operater with lease options.

Thank goodness there not shutting it down.

I find it curious that on the one hand, lots of people here want Bruton run out on a rail for 4 wide racing ... then on the other hand, any time a track comes up for sale there is almost instantaneous clamoring for him to buy the facility. The only way Bruton would buy the Topeka is for the city effort to fail miserably so he can buy it for pennies on the dollar AND get multi-purpose use out of the facility. The first road course the NASCAR Trucks ran on was Topeka, and the only way I can see Bruton getting involved is if he could convince NASCAR to do something there ... NHRA by itself won't cut it. Remember, SMI is a publicly traded company, he needs board approval to buy the property and he has to deliver a reasonable return to it's investors.

This is a bit off topic, but I wish the NHRA would bring Memphis back. I travel there a lot and would like to see that track while visiting. The NHRA always had good racing there too, minus the blow overs and crashes. I guess the IHRA has that track now, not that there's anything wrong with that. :rolleyes: Hey, the NHRA stole Norwalk from them so I guess they got Memphis. LOL

Like Chris was saying NHRA alone is not going to make this track successful. It does have S CCA and a dirt track but thats not enough. NHRA took fall race from the track and that hurt it was always a sell out in fall. It needs the truck series back, Super Chevy, and so on. Maybe with right management and changes with NHRA it could be done.

Maybe Lucas family, Forest likes the Midwest?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back