Top Dragster in St.Louis (1 Viewer)

Nunz

Nitro Member
So looks like a strong showing of Top Dragsters in St.Louis. No.1 and 2 qualifiers are 5.91 and 5.97, I thought TD had a "floor" of 6.00?

Likely a mistake by the tower folks, if they aren't familiar with the rules. I believe the runs should be DQ'ed.

I don't know where you got those results - the correct first-round order is posted at DRC. The runs you mentioned are at the bottom of the list, not-qualified.
http://www.dragracecentral.com/DRCStory.asp?ID=291906&NewHash=NHRA-SUMMIT#indextop

Live timing is okay, but doesn't have any filter to remove disqualified runs and no mechanism to go back and correct erroneous results, so those runs will probably show up at the top of the live timing "field" all weekend.

Valerie - didn't mean to sound critical - when I saw your message I checked DRC and the Top Dragster result I found had those runs DQ'ed. I have since discovered that the incorrect result was posted briefly before being corrected. I was just trying to figure out where you had seen that earlier report.

No worries Larry, I knew better myself, that's why I was surprised that the results showed those 2 runs on top. I had a hunch they would not count.

If I remember correctly there is a chassis certification out there that has a 5.90 fast E.T. cut off that the vast majority of the top dragster cars use

Class is for dragster and open-bodied altered-type vehicles only.
Altereds must have open front wheels. Full-fender and/or runningboard-
equipped street roadsters or Funny Car bodies prohibited.
Qualified fields with competition conducted in a dial-in E.T. format.
Minimum 6.00-second dial-in; maximum 7.70-second dial-in
(eighth-mile, 3.66 to 4.99 seconds).

Pretty certain Rob's and Richard's chassis both are sub 6.0 certed. Rob also recently purchased a turnkey TAD car that they will enhance and begin running at some point next year (in TAD of course).

We had fun racing there this weekend, but there is a bit of a learning curve to being pitted inside the Nascar track .... a wind change during our round three made me feel like an idiot as the car ran 3 mph slow and driving down to pick up the car I could see all the flags on the trackside RVs showing a headwind .... weather station sitting in the bowl of the Nascar track was not seeing that and you couldn't feel it in the staging lanes .... oh the joy of fast bracket racing.

Rick, most of us cert to a 6.0 chassis, but the guys with the big blower combos tend to be running ALKY chassis instead.

Jim, thanks for the info. I figured someone with a car like Troy Stone has probably has a alky chassis.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back